Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heart Trophy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    For as much as I appreciate the sentiment and as a Leaf fan I am enamored with Kadri, I think this is a little bit of an overreaction.

1- as mentioned it is Crosby's to lose.
    2- Kane, Getz, Tavares, are the leaders of their teams in more than just scoring. Kane has Toews, Getz has Perry and Tavares, well he in on NYI, but all of them play #1 minutes and play against the other teams #1 lines or defensive units every night.

What Kadri is doing is amazing and a godsend to the Leafs, but not at the Hart level.

I would also suggest that Lupul looks more like the inspirational leader of teh Leafs at the moment. He has taken the team by storm since returning, he has reignited the firestorm known as Kadri and has passion flowing from him.

Bigbabybuda, I love the post. The fact that it is not rejected as utter nonsense shows what a factor Kadri is this year, but he is realistically 4th on the list at best and likely to land closer to 10th by the time all is said and done.

Arguments could be made for E Staal, Goalies Price or Anderson, hell I am sure PK Subban has enough hype right now that he will get some votes.

The Hart would be a miraculous accomplishment for any Leaf, but for now, as a fan, get me to the playoffs and then we can debate whatever the hell you want.
    Thank you sir! But just to clarify one thing I never said he should win it or will win it in fact I think the opposite of both I just think he will and should get some votes. and 1 last thing no to argue or anything but Kadri has scored with every single line combination he has been put on this year Lupul well playing great and maybe = to Kadri since his return can not say the same and missed the majority of the season well Kadri kept the team afloat... your post was excellent and I appriciate it...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Wow...... put Kadri up against some top defenders. I want to see him put up on the top line and see what he does. What i the ratio of hs off/def zone starts? Anyone know?
    Actually... Kadri has been playing against the top defenders more recently during this tear and he hasn't missed a beat. Much of that thanks to Lupul obviously, but we shouldn't take away credit from Kadri as if he's still that lucky third-line C who flies under the radar cause that's far from the case now. Hard to be invisible when you're 6th in the league.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Absolutely not. Heart trophy is suppose to go to the player that is most important to his team. He is essentially the only change to a team (JVR) and they have gone to being laughing stocks for the better part of a decade to a team that could get home ice advantage in the playoffs and have gotten points in 8 straight games. He is also somewhere around 5th in scoring after tonight and is the best player on his team almost every night... not saying he should get the award but he should be discussed.
    I believe he is referring to "Hart" as opposed to Heart.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I believe he is referring to "Hart" as opposed to Heart.
    Oh ya I did not even notice. My phone is auto correcting it I suppose lol.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd be OK seeing Kadri as a Hart nominee.
    The guy is +17 on a team where the next highest forward is +6. (which doesn't even include tonight's game).

Not including tonight's gem:
    Even strength, he's been on for 29 goals for... only 13 against.
    That's comparable to Jon Toews' 29 goals for... only 14 against.

Of course, Crosby's got this by a landslide.
    No debating that.

But if the top three vote getters were Crosby,Toews... Kadri... well, that would be fine with me.

Voting usually sways a little towards veterans & leadership guys.
    So I think the top four is most likely to be between Crosby/Toews/P.Kane/Getzlaf.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh ya I did not even notice. My phone is auto correcting it I suppose lol.
    my initial reply was to that... not on kadri itself...

nonetheless, i'd be surprised to see him nominated, but he'll get votes for sure.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Sage

Neg rep with no name (delusional Leaf fan). Love it classy and yet there is not 1 argument on the thread that stands up against the cold hard stats and I would be more then happy to put my record of evaluating prospects against next to anyone on this site. 6th in league in scoring, tops on his team in +/- and 1st in the entire NHL in drawing penalty's amongst all skilled forwards in drawing. Yes he has drawn more penaltys then Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Kane ect ect. If you don't think he deserves a few votes you sir are delusional or more likely just a hater and furthermore dumb ass why don't you look up 90 percent of the shit I say about other Leaf players....
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; March 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Neg rep with no name (delusional Leaf fan). Love it classy and yet there is not 1 argument on the thread that stands up against the cold hard stats and I would be more then happy to put my record of evaluating prospects against next to anyone on this site. 6th in league in scoring, tops on his team in +/- and 1st in the entire NHL in drawing penalty's amongst all skilled forwards in drawing. Yes he has drawn more penaltys then Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Kane ect ect. If you don't think he deserves a few votes you sir are delusional or more likely just a hater and furthermore dumb ass why don't you look up 90 percent of the shit I say about other Leaf players....
    I was almost on an island defending this guy around here for the past few years! Being right is sofa king sweet

Glad you can be as smug as me...hahahaha
    Last edited by 4horsemen; March 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Jesus christ
    Didn't know the big JC was putting up Hart numbers this year?!?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I was almost on an island defending this guy around here for the past few years! Being right is sofa king sweet

Glad you can be as smug as me...hahahaha
    Lol, I will 100 percent attest to the fact that you were always Kadri's biggest supporter around here and often entirely by yourself. Which is one reason I was surprised I haven't seen you chiming in on some of his threads more recently. Dust your shoulders off!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Pro

Just for arguments sake:

In the last 12 games if Kadri moves up to the 2 spot and the Leafs secure #4 seed or higher, it would be hard not to consider him for at least a few votes.

Furthermore, we all know that the voting is not supposed to be influenced by the playoffs, but my guess is that Leafs making the playoffs will be the #1 story of the NHL, before they even go on a run. (which I am obviously expecting)
    When that happens, Kadri will likely be the lead story of every sports broadcast based out of TO, which happens to be all of them.

Might make it hard to ignore, regardless of the reasoning involved. Going to jump aboard with Grapes.

Dammit, I am getting my bandwagon jumping pants on.

Kadri, Kadri, Kadri, Kadri.....
    Last edited by Chuk; March 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lol, I will 100 percent attest to the fact that you were always Kadri's biggest supporter around here and often entirely by yourself. Which is one reason I was surprised I haven't seen you chiming in on some of his threads more recently. Dust your shoulders off!
    Thanks for the recognition! I guess I've been hesitent to jump in as much lately because I'm now starting to think that people are getting a bit carried away with his potential based on what are some fairly lucky numbers he's put up so far. When he regresses a bit more towards the mean I think we'll find he's consistently a 60+ player who should enjoy a number of years in the 70+ range.

I do like your ballsy call on the Hart nods though. If he can ride this momentum for a few more weeks I think it's a reasonable assumption.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

nothing wrong with giving kadri consideration for the hart. apart from carlyle, he's the best thing to happen to the leafs this year. without kadri the leafs would not be in a playoff spot.

but yea...it's going to crosby lol.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like Crosby might be out till the playoffs.

If that turns out to be the case then Hart will be up for grabs and Kadri should definitely warrant some talk if Leafs keep winning.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The best part of this thread was when someone thought the typo referred to was Kadri.

I say give the kid the Heart Trophy, so Leafs fans can be happy, and then award the Hart to the actual league MVP.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk