Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Sage

Did I miss something somewhere in this thread? how did we get to having to explain why a future first ballot hall of famer is better the Chris "luckest man in hockey" Kunitz?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Damnit. This kills my chances of taking first in my roto league. It was already dicey because my two goalies, Anderson and Ward have already been out for weeks and I'm relying on Bishop and Hedberg. Now this?! I own both Crosby and Kunitz. I'm done. Give me a fork so I can stab myself in the eye. David Backes, Mike Ribeiro and Loui Eriksson had better start raping everybody, or else I will come in third, earn my money back but be embarrassed after spending most of the season in first. Man, I hate it when you draft the best team but injuries come back and bite you in the ass!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Larrylintz,

Do you believe that Kunitz is a far better player than Iginla right now? Maybe you do, I don't know. That was what was said though and why the discussion started.
    i'm not going to read every comment on this thread again but the only one i saw comparing the 2 was you. Not sure why you're building a straw man here...I assume Iginla hasn't lost THAT much do to age and is therefore obviously a better talent than Kunitz. but no one i think is disputing that, at least no one i read. chill.

Dobber Sports Padawan

feel your pain, guvnah, i have a decent lead so it's going to be torture watching it shrink over next four weeks. Will need luck to hang on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hate to say it but I don't feel bad at all for the Kunitz owners. Kunitz has been a vulture all year and its about time he comes back down to earth.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Kunitz is a natural LW, Iggy is not. Kunitz is also the far better player right now, so not sure why you are hating on him here.
    Larrylintz,

This is the post where the comparison was made. Not by me in any way. No straw man argument made here (except in that the poster being quoted may share similarities to the strawman from wizard of Oz - which ones are up to the reader to decide!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Does it make any sense to play Iggy at Center? He is pretty good at the draw... Helps keep two solidly stacked lines and PP1 will just be Iggy instead of Crosby. Timely trade?!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ouch...I do believe in Karma. Perhaps this is the hockey gods telling Shero that the road isn't easy to the cup.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Star

im going to remain supremely blindly optimistic crosby will be ready for day 1 of the head2head playoffs haha

Dobber Sports Pro

Shero said he was pleasantly surprised with how well Crosby looked after the surgery, and noted he was up and moving.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...eadline-plans/

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Guru

There's reason to believe that Sidney Crosby's fractured jaw, which had to be surgically repaired Saturday, will keep him out of the lineup for a period measured in weeks, not days, but there is some good news about him.

As of a few hours ago, he still had not experienced any concussion-type symptoms after being struck in the face by a deflected puck early in the Penguins' 2-0 victory against the New York Islanders Saturday.

The caveat there, of course, is that concussion symptoms don't always emerge immediately after an injury is sustained, so that is something the medical people are sure to continue to monitor for a while.
    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/penguins-plus/120533-minor-crosby-update
    Last edited by Carcillo; April 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default No way!!!! Crosby is done!

PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY AT NOON:

Expected Crosby will OFFICIALLY ANOUNCE HIS RETIREMENT from the game of Hockey through his Agent. Apparently concusion symptoms have emerged and Crosby is not willing to risk his health/life any further. Plus he want's to clear cap space for Shero to make a couple more moves to solidify the Pen's drive for the cup this year.

THIS IS EARTH SHATTERING! Way to go ORPIK!

Stay tuned. Just got this from a VERY reliable Source.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

Expected Crosby will OFFICIALLY ANOUNCE HIS RETIREMENT from the game of Hockey through his Agent. Apparently concusion symptoms have emerged and Crosby is not willing to risk his health/life any further. Plus he want's to clear cap space for Shero to make a couple more moves to solidify the Pen's drive for the cup this year.

Correction: Press Conference looks like it will be at 1:30 ET. (I can't believe this!)

Dobber Sports Pro

That's a poor joke

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Guru

Sounds like the reliable source is either Joe King or Tom Foolery.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid