Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Kunitz is a natural LW, Iggy is not. Kunitz is also the far better player right now, so not sure why you are hating on him here.
    I don't hate him, I've actually liked him since his days in Anaheim, but he's been getting WAY more credit than he deserves around here all thanks to Crosby, and now I think we'll see what he's really made of without someone spoon feeding him.

I also think it's debatable whether he's the "far better player" than Iggy... his stats would suggest that, but is he really better or has he been in a better position to succeed? If I were building a team for the playoffs and I had the choice of Iggy or Kunitz in a vacuum, there's no doubt who I would take.

I also happen to own Iggy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Smile Crosby.

Feeling bad for Crosby. Since it is easter, I just sent him a choclate puck. Hopefully he will like the taste of this puck more.
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by coldsquad2002 View Post
    Crosby reminds me of the beautiful blonde chicks in high school. Always wanted to get them but when you do they are far from worth it.

I just spent $750k getting Crosby about six games ago. He is the most skilled offensive player in the league. But always screws fantasy owners with his brittle bone disease.

Enjoy your soup kid !
    90 mpg of galvanized rubber in the face and he's brittle? get a grip. This is actually bad news for hockey, if there are any real hockey fans out there. That line was playing hockey like the Oilers of the 80s, now it's over.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crosby.

I say. Let him eat puck !
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Per Rossi, jaw didn't have to be wired shut.
    Thst's good news.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo View Post
    No broken jaw according to this tweet.
    Supposed to be playing next game.

https://twitter.com/HockeyyInsiderr/...85454639906818
    That's why nobody should listen to this insider of hockey account.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I wonder if the league will look beyond mandatory visors and to protecting the ENTIRE face after Crosby's mouth shot? If so, I hope they don't go with college cages. If it were to go down this road, they may have to follow the shape/design of a goaltender's mask to protect. Naturally, it would have to be a scaled down version of it.

Anyone see it going that far -- protect the entire face?
    We actually discussed that above. Someday reason and common sense will win out over the ridiculous macho culture that exists in hockey, and full face protection will be mandatory (and, by the way, it will have zero impact on the players' effectiveness), but it will be a while yet.

Hopefully someone won't have to get killed or maimed before its done. If I'm the owner of the Pens, I'm making the point that I'm shelling out over 100K per game that Crosby misses...all for an injury that could have been prevented by a $30 piece of plastic.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Initiate

if they do dupuis crosby kunitz, morrow malkin neal, my morrow pickup will be gold.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    if they do dupuis crosby kunitz, morrow malkin neal, my morrow pickup will be gold.
    That would be hard considering Crosby is injured.

I presume you mean Iginla, but I hardly believe they're moving Morrow to Geno's line. It will be either Iginla or Kunitz.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    That's why nobody should listen to this insider of hockey account.
    Yeah, I get it. Stop bringing it back up :P
    [SIZE=1]Yahoo! Rotisserie League
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hit, FW, GWG
    W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO
    10 Teams

3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2 Util, 2G, 4 BN

C: Matthews, Mackinnon, Pettersson
    LW: B Tkachuk, Giroux, Svechnikov
    RW: Boeser, Meier, Wilson
    D: E Karlsson, Hamilton, Q Hughes, Trouba
    Util: O'Reilly, J Staal
    G: Gibson, Halak, Anderson, Francouz, Georgiev, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Iggy says "**** that".

Time for Kunitz to be exposed for the real player that he is.
    The difference between Kunitz and Iginla is that you can stick Iginla with two plugs and he'll drive that line. Kunitz IS the plug who also happened to line up alongside some of the greatest who every played the game in Selanne and Crosby.

This isn't to say that Kunitz doesn't have a place on a great team, as clearly he does, but you ask 30 GMs which players they would rather have on their team, even right now, and you get 28 who answer back Iginla (the other two are Garth Snow and Steve Tambellini).

I applaud Kunitz for taking massive advantage of his chances alongside Hall of Famers and not falling into anchor territory. Jarome Iginla on any kind of team with real talent would have been a Conn Smythe winner, perhaps multiple times. It's not his fault he's played in the abyss called Calgary for his entire career.

Kunitz with Cammalleri and Hudler would have one third of the points he has now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The difference between Kunitz and Iginla is that you can stick Iginla with two plugs and he'll drive that line. Kunitz IS the plug who also happened to line up alongside some of the greatest who every played the game in Selanne and Crosby.

This isn't to say that Kunitz doesn't have a place on a great team, as clearly he does, but you ask 30 GMs which players they would rather have on their team, even right now, and you get 28 who answer back Iginla (the other two are Garth Snow and Steve Tambellini).

I applaud Kunitz for taking massive advantage of his chances alongside Hall of Famers and not falling into anchor territory. Jarome Iginla on any kind of team with real talent would have been a Conn Smythe winner, perhaps multiple times. It's not his fault he's played in the abyss called Calgary for his entire career.

Kunitz with Cammalleri and Hudler would have one third of the points he has now.
    Yup, agree 100% - pretty much exactly what I suggested in my response.

Dobber Sports Sage

Did I miss something somewhere in this thread? how did we get to having to explain why a future first ballot hall of famer is better the Chris "luckest man in hockey" Kunitz?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think some folks are having trouble reading. I don't think any1 suggested Kunitz was better than Toews, Ig or any established star, we were all just speculating on whether Kunitz -- playing incredibly well on the best line in hockey and with a player having one of the best ppg seasons in a long time -- might outpoint Toews for the final few weeks of a short season. We'll never know because the Crosby freak injury happened when Crosby/kunitz were both in a bit of a -- for them -- scoring slump. In Montreal earlier this week they just had the 1 goal but the line had 15 or so shots. Not unusual lately, the line has totally dominated like no line i've seen since the Oilers heyday, but they've hit a bunch of crossbars. And the eastern conference has way more weak defensive teams so the chance of a 3-4-5 pt nite for either of them is not out of the question any given week. Damn, it was so fun watching them together but c'est la vie.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Larrylintz,

Do you believe that Kunitz is a far better player than Iginla right now? Maybe you do, I don't know. That was what was said though and why the discussion started.