Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey fellas, just to get this thread back on track....any updates on Sid's status?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

The Great One

Teams not praticing today so no update but those close to Crosby say he's fine.

The Great One

@RealKyper: #87update. Can confirm #Penguins Crosby had surgery yesterday to his jaw. Extent of the damage still being evaluated 2day. Out indefinitely

The Great One

@RobRossi_Trib
    #TribHKY update on Crosby: He is likely to miss some time after surgery, but likely to be ready for playoffs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow that implies he'll miss a dozen games.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ouch. I agree, I don't like the time frame that these tweets imply.......this would be a crushing blow to owners with most H2H fantasy playoffs starting next week.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Ouch. I agree, I don't like the time frame that these tweets imply.......this would be a crushing blow to owners with most H2H fantasy playoffs starting next week.
    Another reason not to play H2H. I lost him on a roto league and it still hurts, but it won't cost me my season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Crosby isn't just the best player in the game, he's the face of hockey as a brand. I assume all those teeth in that great smile were originals, and I assume he'll be a mess when he comes back. How much of his income, and the NHL's ability to promote itself, is based on fact he's a pretty good-looking guy. (My daughter rates all the players and definitely gives him two thumbs up). My bet is that this is a bit of a watershed, long-term.
    I think his "brand" is his hockey performance. Most of the beer chugging male fans probably think he looks too baby faced to cheer for him. Anyway, all these NHLers lose their looks quickly (at least they got there $$$). My wife once thought a guy like Shanny was attractive when she was in her teens, but even 5 years ago she says he aged badly. Heck, OV and Malkin are not high on the attractiveness scale, Pat Kane and Taylor Hall look like douches, and RNH and Karlsson havent hit puberty yet.

From a surgery point of view he probably has a ton of facial/oral sutures. The mouth has almost as many bacteria as your genitals (yay for hygiene), so you need to keep the area clean for wounds to heal, prevent infection, etc. so might not be out only due to a concussion (and they won't tell you near playoffs, listed as UBI probably).

Well, maybe Malkin will do well again - I have Neal in two leagues.
    Last edited by cdubb; March 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Veteran

Penguins announce Crosby is out indefinitely after surgery.

Start the concussion talk.

Oh, and Kunitz can kiss his top 10 finish good bye now.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Banned

There is no concussion talk to start. A broken jaw is a broken jaw.

Dobber Sports Sage

My Season is over... this is crushing, on top of losing the best player in the world I traded Ristolinen for Kunitz as a rental and he is useless now, same with Martin if he comes back. **** me!! Ovie and Parise will go down in next day or 2 guaranteed!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Expert

Report: Crosby might miss remainder of season
    Sidney Crosby might not return until the playoffs after undergoing oral surgery. Crosby was hospitalized after being struck in the face by the puck during Saturday's contest. The silver lining is that he's reportedly not suffering from concussion symptoms and he might still be available for the postseason. If he really has played in his last game of the regular season, then he'll finish with 15 goals and 41 assists in 36 contests.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Everyone criticized me for drafting Kunitz early and I rode those two all the way to the top and now this shit happens right before playoffs. The worst possible luck for this guy. Hope he gets better soon, but now time to scour the ww.
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    categories: g, a, +/-, pim, sog, ppp, hits, blk
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Tavares, Duchene, Backes, Michalek, Simmonds, Filppula, Conacher, Silfverberg

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    I think his "brand" is his hockey performance. Most of the beer chugging male fans probably think he looks too baby faced to cheer for him. Anyway, all these NHLers lose their looks quickly (at least they got there $$$). My wife once thought a guy like Shanny was attractive when she was in her teens, but even 5 years ago she says he aged badly. Heck, OV and Malkin are not high on the attractiveness scale, Pat Kane and Taylor Hall look like douches, and RNH and Karlsson havent hit puberty yet.

From a surgery point of view he probably has a ton of facial/oral sutures. The mouth has almost as many bacteria as your genitals (yay for hygiene), so you need to keep the area clean for wounds to heal, prevent infection, etc. so might not be out only due to a concussion (and they won't tell you near playoffs, listed as UBI probably).

Well, maybe Malkin will do well again - I have Neal in two leagues.

I think every heterosexual hockey fan will admit that Stevey Y and Selanne are the George Clooney and Brad Pitt of the hockey world. A little battle wound will only serve to help Crosby's marketability.

I always thought the mouth had more bacteria than genitals?!

All this means is Crosby is going to be good and rested for the playoffs. He should still be able to participate in practice before the playoffs so they can work on their power play etc. It does hurt his chances for the Hart though. He should still be favoured but no longer a lock.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    Another reason not to play H2H. I lost him on a roto league and it still hurts, but it won't cost me my season.
    This argument does not make sense. I would argue that this hurts those in Roto more. H2H, you can plug and play and stream players to try and make up most of Sid's production. The Pens have a mediocre playoff schedule with only 3 games per week. Furthermore, H2H people only need to deal with the loss of Sid for 2-3 weeks.

Roto players need to replace Sid's production (potentially) for the rest of the season. As most have limits on roster moves and/or games played, this will be impossible. For these reasons, the impact on roto players will be much bigger.....h2h guys are much more likely to survive IMO.