Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Expert

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins

No symptoms of concussion with Crosby, per coach Bylsma #Pens
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Has anyone heard of any new news? or is he still "not suffering from concussion like symtoms"
    16 Team H2H Keeper Year 16
    Skater Points
    G2, A1, DG+1, DA+1, GWG1, HAT3, OTG1, PIM0.5, PPG1, PPA1, PenaltyShotG1, SHG2, ShootOutG1, SOG0.1, +/-1
    Goalie Points

W4, S 0.14, GA-1, OW1, ShootOutW 1, SO2
    Line-Up
    F (start 6): Connor, Svechnikov, Guentzel, , Kaprizov
    D (start 4): Q Hughes, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Makar
    G (start 1):
    8 Keepers:

16 Team Roto Keeper League:
    Cats
    G, A, +/-, PPP, HIT, SOG, D Points, W, and SV%.
    Line-Up
    3C: Barzal, Duchene, Kyrou, Couturier
    3LW: Lafreniere, Debrincat, Garland, J Robertson
    3RW: Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Fiala, Reinhart, McCann
    4D: Bouchard, Cabot, Klingburg, S Jones, Byram
    2G (Max): Rask, Hellebuyck
    5 Keepers

Dobber Sports Padawan

desperate times call for desperate measures -- I'm in free-fall thanks to my Crosby-Kunitz reliance, so i just posted a question on a forum for dentists!!! But I assume the news is all bad, for my team and for hockey, at least for regular season. And yeah, reading between lines clearly they are monitoring still for a possible concussion.

I think most real hockey fans would agree with me that no true hockey fan would rejoice or gloat over a Crosby injury. The ones who are doing so are thugs and/or morons. Ovechkin's killing me in pool but i'd feel hugely disappointed if he got hurt and didn't play in an upcoming game i have tickets for. Anyone with kids in minor hockey knows the devotion, time, courage and sacrifice required to actually make it. To have a young career limited or cut short by a freak accident in an incredibly dangerous game is pretty sad -- especially for those who don't cash in first.

By Shelly Anderson / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Doctors treating Penguins center Sidney Crosby will make a determination about his return when they are confident that he has healed enough and that screws that were surgically implanted in his broken jaw are properly set, according to someone with knowledge of his recovery.
    There is no timetable for that.
    Crosby has had at least a couple of upper teeth replaced and faces more dental work, including additional root canals, in the coming days. He visited with teammates Thursday at Consol Energy Center and was said to be in good spirits. He has not practiced.
    He was hurt March 30 when he got hit with a puck. A shot taken by teammate Brooks Orpik deflected upward off the New York Islanders' Brad Boyes and into Crosby's mouth before the team captain had a chance to react.
    Although he has missed the past three games, Crosby still leads the NHL with 56 points in 36 games.
    He has had no concussion symptoms, and that will be monitored once he gets clearance to work out and exert himself. While recovering from a concussion and neck injury that gutted most of his previous two seasons, Crosby had some exercise-induced symptoms.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2PmBrfQsm

Dobber Sports Apprentice

bennett called up, does that finally mean crosby to IR?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

any chance he could be back in action with a full cage by next week? How long does it take usually to recover from jaw surgery?
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

Likely keepers in BOLD

C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Penguins have not publicly disclosed the extent of the damage right now... it may not just be a jaw issue.

And even if it simply is a jaw, the Penguins have no reason to rush him back.

Dobber Sports Padawan

the most optimistic speculation i've seen has him coming back in the final week, presumably to tone up for the playoffs. I sure hope he does as my team running on fumes right now.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sens85 View Post
    any chance he could be back in action with a full cage by next week? How long does it take usually to recover from jaw surgery?
    With the Pens locking up their division there's no need for them to rush Crosby back and take any chances.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Guru

no updates today really

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 4m Sidney Crosby just spoke w/reporters. No timetable. Good spirits.

Dobber Sports Guru

Encouraging news:

• Captain Sidney Crosby joined the Penguins in Tampa a few hours before their game against the Lightning. He will also accompany the team to Fort Lauderdale for its game against Florida. Crosby is not yet skating but was given medical clearance to fly. The star center, who leads the NHL with 56 points, hasn't played since breaking his jaw and losing multiple teeth on March 30 against the New York Islanders. Coach Dan Bylsma called Crosby and suggested it would be good for him to join his teammates in the Sunshine State. Crosby, who was unable to consume anything other than milkshakes during the past 10 days, was given the green light to eat mashed potatoes earlier this week. Although there remains no timetable for Crosby's return, he wants to return before the playoffs and would like to resume skating next week.
    http://triblive.com/mobile/3802608-9...enguins-martin
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Padawan

fantastic, if he's back in the final week that should seal my victory. And he and his teammates will be motivated to run up the score, i'd say, as Stamkos will be within a point or two of him by them.

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 7m Crosby is in full gear, including a plastic shield that protects his jaw.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 4m Paul Martin has just joined Crosby and Kadar on the ice. He began skating on his own last week.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 7m #TribHKY >> Crosby wearing face shield and clear jaw protector for his individual workout. #pens

Dobber Sports Guru

more from twitter:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 9m Crosby, who has been on the ice for about 25 minutes, is now taking a break at the bench, as are Neal and Martin.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1m GM Ray Shero has joined trainer Chris Stewart on bench to watch Crosby, Neal and Martin. Looks like Brandon Sutter is looking on, as well.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 2m The break has ended and Crosby, Neal and Martin (who is wearing a track suit, not hockey gear) have resumed their workout.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 2m Crosby is leaving the ice after about 35 minutes.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; April 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I take it there is no chance he's back this week, but if anyone hears otherwise before my lineup deadline of 7 p.m. ET tonight please post!!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Maybe later next weeK?

Chris Nichols‏@Nichols_NHLPool4m
    Sidney Crosby skated today for first time since breaking jaw. Bylsma: "It wasn't any strenuous exercise at this point." No timeline. #Pens
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,