Thread: Fasth or Bobrovsky or Allen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fasth or Bobrovsky or Allen

I'm going to drop Elliott (who has just disappeared from his incredible season last yr) for one of these guys.

Who should I aim for, long-term?

Bobby is streaky, but he showed some serious skill as of late.

Fasth had an insane start with some rough starts as of late. No idea if he will be a starter, but to drop 3 mill on him means more.
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

100% Bobrovsky. You simply cannot ignore what he's done this season. He also had success for a season in Philly so he's at least shown he can possibly continue playing at a high level going forward. Fasth has Gibson to worry about and Allen's best case is a timeshare with another starter imo
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Novice

Your best bet is with Bobrovsky. I feel he has the best long term value and least amount of risk.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Fasth for sure.

Anaheim is pretty much committed to Fasth, I can't see them playing this out like Luongo/Schneider. Fasth will most likely be the starter next year on a very good Anaheim team.

Bobrovsky is the best goalie of the three but in a league that doesn't reward peripherals, I'm not a fan of him at all.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    Fasth for sure.

Anaheim is pretty much committed to Fasth, I can't see them playing this out like Luongo/Schneider. Fasth will most likely be the starter next year on a very good Anaheim team.

Bobrovsky is the best goalie of the three but in a league that doesn't reward peripherals, I'm not a fan of him at all.
    how do you figure Fasth will be the starter? Hiller has another year of 4.5MM on his contract, after that hes a UFA, and i dont see ANA trading him away, if anything i see FAsth gettingtraded, but even thats a long shot.

go with Bob here, hes been the man and is singlehandedly turning that team around to respectability.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    how do you figure Fasth will be the starter? Hiller has another year of 4.5MM on his contract, after that hes a UFA, and i dont see ANA trading him away, if anything i see FAsth gettingtraded, but even thats a long shot.

go with Bob here, hes been the man and is singlehandedly turning that team around to respectability.
    Bob has great peripherals, but they don't count in this league. Who do you think will have a better win percentage in the future?

Columbus is still Columbus, and Anaheim is the second best team in the West. Bobrovsky has been hot for a month or so and everyone is ready to crown him as the second best goaltender beihnd Rask.

Fasth isn't being paid around 2M a season to be a backup to Hiller... he'll get to be a starter. He's hit a bump in the last 3 weeks, but so has Hiller.

EDIT: Want a comparison? Fasth and Bob both have 11 wins this season, and Bob has one extra shutout, even though Bob is a full-time starter and Fasth is in a timeshare. Now think about what happens when Fasth gets to take over the team full-time (which I think is highly likely).

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

Weekly Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    Fasth for sure.

I disagree with this 100%. How do you see Fasth being the starter next year? Hiller is younger, NHL proven, the current starter, and will be making more money next year. No chance Fasth is the starter next season unless Hiller implodes. Even then it will just turn into a timeshare.

Bob, on the other hand, is the outright starter in Columbus. He has been one of the top 5 goalies in the league this year, his first as an everyday starter. Bob is shown he can play with the best of them and once he learns some consistency will be a great goalie going forward. It's also worth mentioning that Columbus is finally turning things around as a team. They are finding their identity as a hardworking, gritty team and that will translate into more wins in the coming seasons.

Go Bob and don't look back.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No one's denying that Bob is the better goalie. But goalies have long shelf lives (so Fasth's age isn't a huge deal), and Bob's play ensures Columbus isn't trading him, which means that he's going to suffer on a crap Blue Jackets team for a long time.

In case you want reference, here's another query regarding Bob in a points-only league: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=150246 (no comparison to Fasth though).

The simple fact is he's overrated in these formats because no one cares when Columbus' forwards are scoring at the worst rate in the league or something (tied for last in goals scored). On the other hand, Anaheim is 6th in goals scored.

Even if you don't think Fasth will be a full-time starter (which I do), there will be a whole lot of better options than Bob long-term. Columbus has been horribly mismanaged by Howson for a long time. Even with Bob's "stellar" play they are tied for 12th in the West.

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

Weekly Roster

Dobber Sports Icon

Bob will have a better shot at getting teh wins because he will start more games here on out. Fasth ahd a hot start and Hiller was soiling the sheets which lead to his taotals being similar to Bob. Hiller is picking it up and will get the lions share.

Starter vs backup\platoon goalie = more wins for a starter
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd also go with Bob here. Regarding Fasth:

1) No guarantee he's the starter next season;
    2) He's not been clearly outplaying Hiller lately, Hiller has closed whatever gap there was;
    3) The ducks as a team are going to be going through some changes when Teemu, Koivu, Souray and some other veterans finally depart in the near future (no guarantee of prolonged success);
    4) I'm not calling Fasth old, but let's not get carried away with the shelf life of goalies. There aren't many out there who seem to get better or at least to play at their same insane younger level in their mid 30s.

And as for Bob, as others have mentioned, he's been incredible and, equally as important, the Jackets have demonstrated some resiliency and signs of being on the upswing.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Pro

Bobrovsky doesn't have much in the way of any challengers. i'd take him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

perfect, I'll welcome myself to Bobby's world then!
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky