Thread: What to do for next year?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default What to do for next year?

I really came into this season expecting to win, my team looked loaded and I seen no reason why I couldn't long story short with about 15 games to go I'm sitting in 5th, 20 points back of 3rd... now I was wondering what type of approach I should take to next year and who I should keep and who I should try and deal.

It's straight points and 1 point for goalie wins and shutouts. Keep 5 forwards, 3 defence, 1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Zach Parise, Jason Pominville, Mikko Koivu, Blake Wheeler, Joe Pavelski, Stephen Weiss, Derek Roy, Jakub Voracek, David Perron, David Krejci, Ryan Kesler

D: Mike Green, Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Alex Goligoski, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Dion Phaneuf

G: Ryan Miller, Tuukka Rask

Now who do you all think I should keep and who should I try to move? I have an idea in place but so many different ways I could go so I want to hear your thoughts
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

F: Backstrom, Parise, Thornton, Voracek, Pominville/Koivu
    D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, OEL
    G: Rask
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

The Great One

I see why you thought you'd compete and ultimately why you are not. Too many of those players haven't lived up to expectations, either because of poor play or injuries.

imo, your keepers are:

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Jakub Voracek

G: Tuukka Rask

That said, I'd seriously try to upgrade Thornton, if possible. Maybe package him up with Miller or one of your extra dmen for a better forward.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Pro

i personnaly think that your 5 F keeper are :
    Backstrom, Thornton, Parise, Voracek/koivu/Wheeler ( 2 of the 3)

D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, ekmanLarsson

G : Rask

So maybe you should try to deal Phaneuf + kesler/thornton to get a better keeper maybe trade Wheeler/Voracek/Koivu + Phaneuf for better than one of this 3 fowards ( voracek, wheeler, koivu)....

Or ryan miller + perron, krejci.. or maybe green

a think you should package something like this,...maybe go see the GM who is less strong with his keepers so if if you deal Phaneuf and Koivu and the 2 becomes 2 keeper for him, maybe he will give you better than Koivu....
    Last edited by sharpp87; March 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I see why you thought you'd compete and ultimately why you are not. Too many of those players haven't lived up to expectations, either because of poor play or injuries.

imo, your keepers are:

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Jakub Voracek

That said, I'd seriously try to upgrade Thornton, if possible. Maybe package him up with Miller or one of your extra dmen for a better forward.
    I agree with Dawg here. Consensus is Backstrom, Thornton, Parise and Voracek. I'd take Pavelsky slightly over Koivu and for sure over Wheeler (he simply isn't of the same calibre of the other 5 or 6.
    I think your D is a lock with Karlsson / Piet / OEL
    and RASK is your man.

MOVE EVERYONE ELSE.

And of your keepers...I do agree that now may be the best time to try to make a move with Thornton. Such a hot start followed by a Frigid ass over tea Kettle end to the season (for the Sharks in general).

Dobber Sports Genius

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Zach Parise, Jakub Voracek, Mikko Koivu, Blake Wheeler

You have to keep Rask, Karlsson, and AP for sure. After that I would consider 2 for 1 or 3 for 2, etc, upgrades everywhere else.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar