Thread: Larsson, Orlov, B. Smith, Rundblad - pts only keeper

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Larsson, Orlov, B. Smith, Rundblad - pts only keeper

Hey Fellas just wondering your opinions on a few of my young Dmen.

Its a 13 team league, pts only keeper with 30 player rosters. Only the top 12 Fwds, 4 Dmen, and 1 Goalie count towards your team total at the end of the year.

We keep 12 F, 4 D, and 1 G each year plus any "prospects" (Fwds < 100 GP and Dmen with < 150 GP)

My current 4 Dmen counting on my team are:

OEL
    Edler
    Shattenkirk
    M. Carle

My 4 "prospect" Dmen are:

Orlov
    Larsson
    B. Smith
    Rundblad

How would you rank those 4 prospects for next season and beyond?

I ask because If I cannot trade any of them I will need to make room for draft picks at the start of next season so I might have to drop 1 or 2 of those prospects.

Thanks, WC17

Dobber Sports All-Star

Larsson - the only young defenceman with upside on team
    Orlov - will get residual pts when WAS gets better, not top pairing guy
    B. Smith - DET never over uses young players in important roles, ever
    Rundblad - he will never be the guy with OEL and Yandle around, PHX doesn't score a lot.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks buddy, Ill send you some rep once I can, gotta spread it around a bit first.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

larsson - taking the slow development curve. i think he'll come on next season
    b. smith - being touted as the heir apparent, but might need anither year or 2
    orlov - agree with gainer on the residual points, but i think he's below smith
    rundblad - a lot of hype so he's hard to discount, but he's buried the most out of the 4 you listed

realistically, your top 4D is solid so i'd be tempted to move whichever propspect any other GM wants because i don't see any of them supplanting your top 4 in the next few years.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rabidprairiedog View Post
    larsson - taking the slow development curve. i think he'll come on next season
    b. smith - being touted as the heir apparent, but might need anither year or 2
    orlov - agree with gainer on the residual points, but i think he's below smith
    rundblad - a lot of hype so he's hard to discount, but he's buried the most out of the 4 you listed

realistically, your top 4D is solid so i'd be tempted to move whichever propspect any other GM wants because i don't see any of them supplanting your top 4 in the next few years.
    Thanks man. Ya I would be happy to move any of them in a trade but with these young Dmen no one is that interested until they start making waves and putting up points or at least start making some TSN highlight clips.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Larsson- going to take a while but will be a stud and put up numbers.
    Orlov- very under rated, will be an All-star imo.
    Smith- over rated imo
    Rundblad-lol not going any were in phx needs to go back to Sweden.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Thanks man. Ya I would be happy to move any of them in a trade but with these young Dmen no one is that interested until they start making waves and putting up points or at least start making some TSN highlight clips.
    other option for me is to shop matt carle. he's not really doing much. as of this post:

matt carle - 32GP, 3G, 8A = 11pts
    adam larason - 26GP, 0G, 5 A= 5pts
    dimitri orlov - 4GP, 0G, 1A = 1pt
    brendan smith - 21GP, 0G, 3A = 3pts

is carle really worth that much more than larsson? you might be able to get a GM with a weakness at D to bite on carle + for an upgrade at forward or draft pick.

i've never been completely sold on carle. if you're lookng to,deal, he's the guy i'd try to ship out and then i'd slot in larsson. i would think the upgrade at a fwd spot or the upgraded pick would offset any difference in points between larsson and carle for this year and you can give larsson one more year to see if he finds his stride
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you can afford to hold him, I think Orlov has by far the best offensive potential long-term. He just needs the opportunity and unfortunately there's little room in Washington.

The others are all overrated IMO... if I had to choose one more I'd probably keep Larsson.

Definitely don't drop Carle lol