Default Urgent help needed! REPPPP

Hello boys n girls,
    I'm working out a deal with the Ovechkin owner and wondered:
    A) if I'm not giving up too much for a guy who is underperforming
    B) If Ovi is worth it
    C) If I just shouldn't bother
    League is in sig

My:
    Benn, J. Schultz, 11th overall pick, second rounder in 2015 and a first overall in 2016

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dobber Sports Stud

I personally like Ovy. And someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'd for sure make that deal. Your trading for elite and I think its a good move.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

a) I don't think he is really under-performing anymore. for the first while he looked hungover on the ice, don't really see that these days so really depends how willing this owner is to move.
    b) Is he worth it? well that depends on how much you have to move to get him.

In relation to your current offer, I'm a big fan of Benn and I think that is probably giving up too much. Personally I would rather part with a Lucic or Kessel if at all possible. Also maybe start your offers with lower picks and see what the response is. You really need to gauge how valuable ovie is in the eyes of the other GM, let them tell you without giving up what you are willing to offer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by GMantooth View Post
    a) I don't think he is really under-performing anymore. for the first while he looked hungover on the ice, don't really see that these days so really depends how willing this owner is to move.
    b) Is he worth it? well that depends on how much you have to move to get him.

In relation to your current offer, I'm a big fan of Benn and I think that is probably giving up too much. Personally I would rather part with a Lucic or Kessel if at all possible. Also maybe start your offers with lower picks and see what the response is. You really need to gauge how valuable ovie is in the eyes of the other GM, let them tell you without giving up what you are willing to offer.
    Good point. I've been bargaining with him for months now, and at the beginning of the shortened season he wouldnt take Benn, E. Staal and my fourth overall pick for him. So I really do think this is as low a price as I can get from him

hm well that's a tough one I just think you are giving up a lot of value in both picks and 2 good young players. Is there a reason this guy is shopping ovie in the first place? because I personally wouldn't move him at this point unless I was at a keeper limit. Is there perhaps another elite player you could trade for and flip them 1-1 for ovie?

edit - also was Benn included by the other gm or did you raise that option?

Dobber Sports Sage

Of course you do the deal. Ovie is the second most skilled player in the world and the only player even capable of hanging with Crosby and your giving up the over hyped Benn and a good d prospect. Its a no brainer and check the record if you want I have always stated that he would return to form. It was/is obvious and has nothing to do with him being on my sig. I just got him a month or so ago from another foolish owner who forgot whom many felt was as good as Crosby. He may not be that good but he is the next best thing and is about to make a hole lot of people eat crow.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hm well that's a tough one I just think you are giving up a lot of value in both picks and 2 good young players. Is there a reason this guy is shopping ovie in the first place? because I personally wouldn't move him at this point unless I was at a keeper limit. Is there perhaps another elite player you could trade for and flip them 1-1 for ovie?
    He is stocking up picks for 2015 and 16 as his team is nowhere near contention. We're both from Victoria (where benn is from) so both like him more than we should. We watched him back in the days when he was just a star here. the ovi owner has a couple nice pieces here and there but noone really top notch other than Ovi so he said he wanted a great player, top line d man and picks for him. I figured I had the depth to do it, just didn't know what kind of Ovechkin I'm getting.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    Hello boys n girls,
    I'm working out a deal with the Ovechkin owner and wondered:
    A) if I'm not giving up too much for a guy who is underperforming
    B) If Ovi is worth it
    C) If I just shouldn't bother
    League is in sig

My:
    Benn, J. Schultz, 11th overall pick, second rounder in 2015 and a first overall in 2016

Thanks for the help in advance!

I would make this deal. Normally you have to give up WAY MORE proven talent than Benn alone. DO IT ASAP!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rep your way One87 when it lets me. Thanks!

He is stocking up picks for 2015 and 16 as his team is nowhere near contention. We're both from Victoria (where benn is from) so both like him more than we should. We watched him back in the days when he was just a star here.
    That's funny you should say that I am from there as well and went to elementary school with them always remember their wicked wristshot power in ball hockey, perhaps I have a slight bias as well. But I also own ovie. I dunno I just think if he isn't necessarily set on Benn to go with a Lucic or Kessel but others seem to have differing opinions.

Dobber Sports Sage

Further more Benn is 23 years old and has 170 some odd pts (quick math) Ovechkin had over 459 by that time. Common pull the trigger. Benn is probably the most over hyped over loved player on this form. Is he good yes is, but he is not even in the same world as an Ovechkin.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Further more Benn is 23 years old and has 170 some odd pts (quick math) Ovechkin had over 459 by that time. Common pull the trigger. Benn is probably the most over hyped over loved player on this form. Is he good yes is, but he is not even in the same world as an Ovechkin.
    There in lies what is making me lean towards doing it. I can't get my severe bias-ness in the way of a smart deal. I think Benn can reach 90 points, others think 70. Schultz hurts a bit too because I nabbed him on a hunch after reading a Bob Mckenzie tweet last year.

your team is good enough to do it, it's not like this is going to be a trade that you will regret down the road and keep you up at night. To answer your initial question regarding what kind of ovie you are trading for, I'd say he's on the rebound from watching the before and now. honestly the whole drastic switch of team systems was a bad choice for the team and his stats but I think we can probably all agree he's already hit his rock bottom.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

your team is good enough to do it, it's not like this is going to be a trade that you will regret down the road and keep you up at night. To answer your initial question regarding what kind of ovie you are trading for, I'd say he's on the rebound from watching the before and now. honestly the whole drastic switch of team systems was a bad choice for the team and his stats but I think we can probably all agree he's already hit his rock bottom.
    I certainly freaking hope so! It was a system change, and not really having a training camp doesn't help things. I'm willing to bet those two players and picks that he picks it back up again, whether that means hes an 80 point player or 100+

Dobber Sports Sage

There in lies what is making me lean towards doing it. I can't get my severe bias-ness in the way of a smart deal. I think Benn can reach 90 points, others think 70. Schultz hurts a bit too because I nabbed him on a hunch after reading a Bob Mckenzie tweet last year.
    I think Benn at absolute best is a ppg player (absolute best). I Actually don't think he is. He does not have the pedigree or the previous numbers or anything really to.back it up but people want to talk about him like he is. In fact there is 3 page thread right now with people saying Kadri is not a ppg player but Benn is more so why? But let's still just give it to him... Ovechkin minus 1 bad year at worst is a ppg player. At best he is 115 pt player with 6O plus goal uside 27 years old. Nobody in the NHL right now has that resume periodn even Crosby. How can u not make the deal LOGICALLY. Schultz whatever let's give him whatever u wantN he doesent sway it....

grammar Nazi
    Noun