Thread: Muzzin or Gardiner?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Muzzin or Gardiner?

It's a keeper league but a shallow one (only keep 5) so I really only need to consider this season. Who's a better play for the rest of the year? League and team in sig.

Dobber Sports Stud

Muzzin for this year- he's already producing.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Expert

I'll disagree. I thnk Muzzin's had his 15 min of fame has expired. I saw the entire game today and he wasn't very good, and in fact, was the goat on the GWG by Raymond. Gardiner gets the nod by me.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I'll disagree. I thnk Muzzin's had his 15 min of fame has expired. I saw the entire game today and he wasn't very good, and in fact, was the goat on the GWG by Raymond. Gardiner gets the nod by me.
    I can't comment on Gardiners game, but Muzzin is a risk vs. reward player. I have watched every LA game this year and you notice Muzzin offensively every game (and the occasional lapse in Defense). But he always jumps in the rush, has a good sense of the ice and gets Plenty of PP time. He even fought to stick up for a teammate...and lost. I know Muzzin doesn't have the petigree of an elite Defenseman but I wouldn't say his "15 minutes of fame" is up. If LA actually scored goals over the last 2 games I believe he has a point or two.

Again, not sure on Gardiners ice time/PP time or even how he is handling the NHL, but I think Muzzin is in a better position to help you this year.

Keeper League #1: Keeper League #2:
    12 GM Total Points (Multi-Cat) Keep 10 + 2 Farm 12 GM H2H (Multicat) Keep 12 + 10 Farm
    C: RNH
    LW: Landeskog Galchenyuk Ovechkin
    RW: Tarasenko
    F: Pacioretty Lucic
    D: Karlsson OEL Green
    G: Quick Price
    F: Draisaitl Vatanen
    C: Backstrom Stamkos Kopitar
    LW: Pacioretty Schwartz Palat
    RW: Kucherov Hornqvist Nash
    D: Klingberg Faulk J.Johnson Streit
    G: Bernier Dubnyk Hutchinson
    B: Drouin B.Ritchie Jaskins Krejci
    Farm: Kuznetsov Domi Jones Ho-Sang Deangelo Hellebyuck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RyWill09 View Post
    I can't comment on Gardiners game, but Muzzin is a risk vs. reward player. I have watched every LA game this year and you notice Muzzin offensively every game (and the occasional lapse in Defense). But he always jumps in the rush, has a good sense of the ice and gets Plenty of PP time. He even fought to stick up for a teammate...and lost. I know Muzzin doesn't have the petigree of an elite Defenseman but I wouldn't say his "15 minutes of fame" is up. If LA actually scored goals over the last 2 games I believe he has a point or two.

Again, not sure on Gardiners ice time/PP time or even how he is handling the NHL, but I think Muzzin is in a better position to help you this year.
    Agree with this completely, especially since the decision between the two is only for this season. I've watched only a couple of LA games and have been equally impressed with Muzzin's offensive game. I am not yet buying the warnings about him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.