Thread: SJ Sharks

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default SJ Sharks

Why can't this team score? You look at the team and it's players and you have to say what gives? Will this team rebound? What is the general opinion?
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm of the mind that they should blow it up and rebuild. Get something now for their big guns, but i doubt it will happen. They've been riding the same big horses for a while, it gets them nowhere, but they will keep going with it.

They could probably get quite a decent return on Boyle or Marleau right now, but it will end up like Iginla - waiting too long and trying to get value back for what a player USED to be able to do, and getting no deal or very little back.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

They mentioned something on one of the broadcasts about the Sharks losing (I think) 2,000 season ticket renewals the last time they missed the playoffs. Kind of explains why they're against any sort of blow up, rebuild or retool.

Dobber Sports Sage

Was that comment about the season tickets about SJ or Minny? I think it was about the Wild but I'm not sure either.

I got the chance to watch the game yesterday and the Sharks had several prime scoring chances but Backstrom made some great saves. Havlat (shockingly) and Burns looked very good. Actually, for large stretches the Sharks outplayed Minnesota. I know Havlat has the 5 M hit for next season but he could be a wise pickup at the trade deadline. He was a money player for Chicago a couple years back before they won the cup.

But I agree with the overall sentiment of this post. Something is just not right with the Sharks.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuacky View Post
    They mentioned something on one of the broadcasts about the Sharks losing (I think) 2,000 season ticket renewals the last time they missed the playoffs. Kind of explains why they're against any sort of blow up, rebuild or retool.
    I heard that comment as well.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Dobber Sports Ninja

The season tickets thing was about the Sharks. Pretty sure it was in Friedman's latest 30 thoughts.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Can they rebound and make the playoffs? I find it hard to believe that the way they started out that they cannot get back there. I for one think they can, regardless of the season ticket issue. This team has some pretty high end talent and people think Marleau is old, he is only 33. If this team has a lot of pieces that other teams would be interested in would that not make them a good team? The issue has been offence. If anyone is getting old it may be Boyle. Perhaps they need a different d-man to move the puck from their end zone?
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The season tickets thing was about the Sharks. Pretty sure it was in Friedman's latest 30 thoughts.
    That's where it was! I was struggling trying to remember which game it was I heard it in. Thank you for ending my frustration aha.