Thread: Need help with matchups, sit/start

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need help with matchups, sit/start

Daily starts, there is a season limit and I've been reducing mine over the last two weeks. Would rather have quality starts than quantity here. Main areas of need=goals, not killing my +/-, and good ATOI.
    Team in sig but
    (edit)
    Forwards=Thornton, Elias, St Louis, Steen, Perron Burns(D also), and Bergeron (starting him obv)
    Def=Markov, Tyutin, Josi, Spurgeon, Muzzin (and Burns again)

Pick 4-5 forwards
    3-4 defense.

(rest of post from before edit
    Thornton & Burns @ Minnesota
    Elias@FLA=start to me
    St Louis @Ott=would sit but it's Martin St Louis... so start

Defense:
    Spurgeon @SJ
    Markov vs Buff=start?
    Tyutin @Nsh=either way? i need ATOI and he helps there and usualyl doesn't hurt my team
    Muzzin @ Van=start

util: Steen@Edm.

bench=perron@edm
    Roman Josi vs Columbus

i know this is pretty specific but any good insight is obv rep'd and just trying to get a handle of best starts for the day. Thanks.

game limits=for season. so 96 starts for the two util spots, 288 for the 6 forward spots, etc. so ideally today I'd want to start 3-4 forwards, 3 defense 1-2 utility.
    Last edited by Bru-Tang Clan; March 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: better format?
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ok, so there's a lot of specific details here that I just don't have time to research each player, but here's my two cents:

(1) ALWAYS start your best players: St. Lou, Thornton, Bergeron, Markov
    (2) Don't overthink team matchups when you're thinking about forwards or defensemen - with goalies though, it's a bit differennt. FLA sucks, but they just won two in a row, letting in only two goals.
    (3) To fill the rest of the spots, make decisions based on the MOST reliable categories - ATOI, and to a lesser extent +/-. In any one game, goals are not reliable category - unless maybe you have a 40+ goal scorer.
    (4) If you still need any extra help after those three pieces of advice, then ride the hot hand - I believe Muzzin is doing well recently... and as I recall, Burns was very cold most of this season.

So that leaves me with:

F - St. Louis, Bergeron, Thornton, Elias (if he's hot recently)
    D - Markov, Burns (I just feel like you gotta start Burns, cause that's why you paid for him)

Ultimately though, you know your scoring cats best.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I wrote/asked way too much but somehow you gave an awesome response haha. Seriously, I appreciate it and am going to set my lineup now. Might throw in one more D-man into util slot just to boost/keep my ATOI but yeah maybe sit Spurgeon Tyutin etc. Gonna just hope I pickt he right guys and play the ones who don't go too negative.

Thank again, I'll try to be more specific the future.
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.