Thread: Just completed a Rinne for Price swap - thoughts?

Dobber Sports Genius

Smile Just completed a Rinne for Price swap - thoughts?

Gents, the deal made was as follows:

My Rinne, 2nd rd draft pick (top 5), march waiver (top 5) and P Martin

for

His Carey Price and M Niskanen

Both GMs happy with deal. I'm out of the running, he is not. I've wanted Price for awhile now, and was growing a little impatient with the Predators and their hot/cold streaks.

Goalies are very important pieces in our league. Both of these studs sit a top in the league point totals, behind only Crosby.

I will likely keep Schneider along with Price, so I have two very good goalies and in opposite conferences. And CP is 5 years younger than PR.

Any thoughts on this deal? Like it or hate it? Both GMs will benefit via this trade and i'm sure he will read this post and weigh in on it too.

Rep for any thoughts/opinions. Happy it's done. Habs seem to be trending upwards, do they keep this up over the next 3-4 years????

COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post

for

Both GMs happy with deal. I'm out of the running, he is not. I've wanted Price for awhile now, and was growing a little impatient with the Predators and their hot/cold streaks.

Goalies are very important pieces in our league. Both of these studs sit a top in the league point totals, behind only Crosby.

I will likely keep Schneider along with Price, so I have two very good goalies and in opposite conferences. And CP is 5 years younger than PR.

Any thoughts on this deal? Like it or hate it? Both GMs will benefit via this trade and i'm sure he will read this post and weigh in on it too.

Rep for any thoughts/opinions. Happy it's done. Habs seem to be trending upwards, do they keep this up over the next 3-4 years????

COD
    I like it. For one you got the guy you want and that's always fun in fantasy and I don't think you overpaid. Rinne is a stud no doubt, but Preds are not going anywhere fast. Like you said Habs are trending upwards. I prefer Price over Rinne anyways so maybe I am a bit bias. Deals like these you usually do fine in the long run as long as you get the best player. I think you did that, and worst case you got an even player who is younger and you prefer. Good job, good deal!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post

for

COD

HATE IT. I say a big HELL NO to that one. I would much rather keep Rinne and that top 5 pick.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    HATE IT. I say a big HELL NO to that one. I would much rather keep Rinne and that top 5 pick.

You do realize that's a top 5 2nd round pick right?

So depending on the amount of teams that's anywhere from 15-35? I'm guessing

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Ouch! A top 5 pick in the 2nd round One. Where the likes of guys like Fowler, Backes, Lucic, Krejic, & Marleaus can be had. In other words, a solid tier II player. I have a top 5 pick in the 1st round still and currently have three third round picks, so I could afford to so. Again, I'm happy as I got the player I wanted.

Rep on it's way for those who chimed in...
    COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.