Thread: World Change

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default World Change

We sometimes have conversations on these boards about the world outside of fantasy hockey, issues, concerns, solutions, etc., and I just wanted to share a little mantra I adopted some time ago that really helps me make choices in my life that have turned out over the past several years to really give me something special in my life.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

I know this to be true because I am involved in this way in several situations - some of it right here with folks on these boards who have taken the time to connect with me and if nothing else talk about their experiences that give me better information to deal with the things I am. I feel blessed and I am not remotely religious! - thanks guys, you know who you are.

Dobber Sports Pro

Great quote.

Being blessed and feeling blessed is a perspective, an outlook. Keep on being who you are, and greatness will keep trying to keep up. May your feet be bare and toey.

Ross

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Great quote.

Being blessed and feeling blessed is a perspective, an outlook. Keep on being who you are, and greatness will keep trying to keep up. May your feet be bare and toey.

Ross
    Sure that isn't "May your feet be bare and toe-jammy?"

Reminds me of a popular Bhuddist quote - "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." I've seen this one modified to "begins with a single step." which is pretty potent too. In fact, that last one resulted in starting a school in Cambodia one dusty, hot afternoon - had I made it back to the hotel for a cold beer without hearing it - it might have never happened
    Last edited by Shoeless; March 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This reminded me of one of the best ads in modern television history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFEarBzelBs

"It's the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do"

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Oh man, thanks for that Blayze - it's a keeper.

Dobber Sports Genius

Right on Shoeless , spread the word , shout it out loud , reject the nay sayers , the bullies , grasp the bull by the horns , don't back down , push for change.
    When you feel that unsettling tremble in your gut , that's your conscience telling you
    to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If you ignore it , it will only come back stronger!
    We have to make changes , if not , things are going to get worse big time.
    If you're a parent , teach your children to change the world , to do right where we did wrong.
    Common sense has to be the new education , forget our differences , we're all in this together.
    We don't own the World , we have an obligation to maintain this world so other future generations can live on to make it a better place.
    Thanks to all of you who do what you do , count me in to help in little ways , if others do the same things can get better!
    Keep it Smooth!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack