Thread: Sharp VS OEL

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sharp VS OEL

I am in a 10 team H2H yahoo Multi cat league. We need to protect 8 players at the end of the season due to expansion of 2 more teams next year bringing our total to 12.
    My top 7 are Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Ryan, Schneider, Rinne, Ward. My number 8 is hard to decide on between Sharp and OEL. Do I put in a D since I don't have one or put in Sharp since he will probably have a better chance of being picked up. The way expansion works is we protect 8 and then we list our best remaining players on our roster 9-17. If one of those players get picked then we protect our highest rank player between 9-17. I hope it's clear. Sharp and OEL are my top 2 outside of my top 7 I mentioned on my roster.
    Sharp or OEL?

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll take the future Norris (Orr) winner everyday. OEL is a very special talent and needs to be treated as one of the absolute best defenseman in the league. He is no longer a prospect he is a stud!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

BBB says it best. The fact that you don't have any other D protected is just icing on the cake

OEL all the way
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

OEL should be in your top 7 every single time, there is no debate you keep him as your 8th each and every time. He is going to be a consistent 50+ point Dman.

I think it really depends on your stats, how many d slots you have versus forwards, and how many other equivalent D you anticipate will be available at the draft next year.

Dobber Sports Sage

OEL over Sharp?? No way in hell.. even if you don't have a dman protected. Sharp is a proven 30-35 goal, 65-70 point guy with great peripherals. You could trade Sharp for a better (as in more productive now dman) than OEL.

I love OEL and his potential, but he isn't worth Sharp at this point, IMO. Chicago is an extremely offensive team while PHO struggles to put up over a goal per game.

Potential is great, production is much, much sweeter.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd rather keep OEL and Sharp and drop one of the goal tenders

In this sort of format where there are four goalie categories, goalies are key. I need to protect all 3. As for D slots there are 5 we need to fill up. If I protect Sharp and lose OEL my remaining D to protect are Mike Green, Justin Faulk and Jack Johnson, Jake Gardiner. If I protect OEL and lose Sharp my remaining best fw are JVR, Pavelski, Stastny, Roy, Boedker. So its tough to decide especially I traded my 2nd round pick to get Sharp for my push and I only had him play a week due to the shoulder injury. Plus Phoenix invested so much in OEL and the potential is there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JEMS View Post
    I am in a 10 team H2H yahoo Multi cat league. We need to protect 8 players at the end of the season due to expansion of 2 more teams next year bringing our total to 12.
    My top 7 are Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Ryan, Schneider, Rinne, Ward. My number 8 is hard to decide on between Sharp and OEL. Do I put in a D since I don't have one or put in Sharp since he will probably have a better chance of being picked up. The way expansion works is we protect 8 and then we list our best remaining players on our roster 9-17. If one of those players get picked then we protect our highest rank player between 9-17. I hope it's clear. Sharp and OEL are my top 2 outside of my top 7 I mentioned on my roster.
    Sharp or OEL?
    I have a man crush on OEL, but I would keep Sharp here. And try to grab OEL somewhere down the road.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Sage

Drop Green and keep both, case closed!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Drop Green and keep both, case closed!
    I believe Green wasn't in a the keeper considerations...

I prersonally prefer OEL, but I know in most of my leagues a guy like sharp would be valued higher than OEL. All my leagues seem to under value dmen tho...
    16 team H2H
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW
    W GAA SV SV% SO
    Keep - 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G

C - Crosby, Pettersson, Pageau
    LW - Teravainen, Kaprizov, Keller, gusev, Lafreniere
    RW- Stone, Kucherov(IR), Wheeler, foligno
    D - Letang, Makar, Hronek, Dumba
    G - Hellebuyck, Samsonov, Grubauer, Bernier, Rinne