Thread: Kadri resigns for what next year?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kadri resigns for what next year?

Just looking at capgeek.com to see what the Leafs could conceivably do this offseason and I had completely forgotten that Kadri is a RFA this upcoming offseason. With his gawdy numbers this year he'll certainly command a big raise. I guess my concern is that he could be victim of an offersheet like O'Reilly and ended up getting $5M per season for that!

Leafs Nation, what do you think is going to happen to Kadri? What is he going to cost us?
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's going to command Lupul money for sure.

This being a shortened season is the best thing to have happened to him.

Dobber Sports Sage

They will sign him before he gets to RFA. I say about 3.5-•4 per.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Genius

If he's going to keep up at this rate, he'll land at least 4 Mil. That's a lot for one shortened season of success.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

With O'Reilly getting a sheet for $5M per I think that Kadri could command more $$$. It's insane to think that Kadri could even ask for this kind of money but he's playing so well (far better than any kind of production O'Reilly has had)...
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Ninja

You guys are underestimating how frothy the market is and how trigger happy GMs are.

If Zajac's getting 5.75, Lupul's getting 5.25 and O'Reilly's getting 5, then Kadri is getting at LEAST 5.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You guys are underestimating how frothy the market is and how trigger happy GMs are.

If Zajac's getting 5.75, Lupul's getting 5.25 and O'Reilly's getting 5, then Kadri is getting at LEAST 5.
    Ya but except for Reilly those guys were going to be UFA instead of RFA and Reilly had 2years of production. Dont get me wrong I think Kadri is better then them but don't see him gettinng that kind of money. Bridge contract 3 years 12 mil

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Genius

RFAs don't usually gain that much. That's the purpose of the CBA is to make sure the first RFA one isn't so freaking huge. He's had one good shortened year. He should be happy with 4. Who wouldn't be happy with 4 million? I know I would be lol.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Ya but except for Reilly those guys were going to be UFA instead of RFA and Reilly had 2years of production. Dont get me wrong I think Kadri is better then them but don't see him gettinng that kind of money. Bridge contract 3 years 12 mil
    If you consider 26 and 55 point seasons to be "2 years of production" sure...

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    RFAs don't usually gain that much. That's the purpose of the CBA is to make sure the first RFA one isn't so freaking huge. He's had one good shortened year. He should be happy with 4. Who wouldn't be happy with 4 million? I know I would be lol.
    It's not about what he should be happy with or what he deserves... it's about supply and demand, and the demand is ridiculous. Are you guys really trying to say he's pretty much worth as much as Clarke MacArthur? That's a joke.

Economically speaking, Kadri would be foolish to accept a $3M deal when he can test UFA and easily get $5M. GMs are not rational...they will pay through the ass.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you consider 26 and 55 point seasons to be "2 years of production" sure...

It's not about what he should be happy with or what he deserves... it's about supply and demand, and the demand is ridiculous. Are you guys really trying to say he's pretty much worth as much as Clarke MacArthur? That's a joke.

Economically speaking, Kadri would be foolish to accept a $3M deal when he can test UFA and easily get $5M. GMs are not rational...they will pay through the ass.

Reilly is a two way player though which I beleive Kadri will be. I thought he produced more though my bad. But also remember Kadri probably will have more personal insentive to be in T.O then Reilly had to stay in Col.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Guru

He's not a UFA. He's an RFA. So a team would need to sign him to an offer sheet, and a lot of them won't.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

GMs are not rational...they will pay through the ass.
    This. I can't see Kadri signing for anything south of 4.5 per.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Initiate

He'll get a similar bridge contract to Subban. 2 years-7mil or so. Maybe 3 years,10.5 to 11 mil.

He is not getting 4 mil + for 48 games (assuming he keeps it up) of very good play.