Thread: Who to keep: Seguin, Eberle, Duchene or...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to keep: Seguin, Eberle, Duchene or...

So most of us are at that stage where we know if we're going to have a chance to win our leagues this year. Unfortunately, I will not. So I need to determine who my keepers are and whether or not I should upgrade and sell while I still can.

We're allowed to keep 4 and so far I have Malkin, Backstrom and Kopitar. I originally was planning on keeping Seguin as my fourth, but lately I'm not so sure. To be honest, I haven't been a huge fan of his, but it seems like most people are. I see Seguin's upside in a league that includes +/- and shots, but I'm in just a regular G and A league (1 point for each). I see his skill when I watch him play, but playing on a team where the scoring is so spread out and on what seems more like a shut down line with Bergeron and Marchand has me concerned that Seguin will have problems pushing the PPG mark.

Would I be crazy to trade him for someone like Eberle, Duchene or Kovalchuk? All of those 3 are a possibility, but am I selling short on Seguin? Who has the most potential for points next season?
    6 Team Yahoo Points-Only Keeper League
    G = 1 pt and A = 1pt, W = 1pt and SO = 3pts
    Keep 4 (any position)
    Start 3 C, 4 W, 4 D, 1 G (starters in bold)
    Bench 6
    C: Backstrom, Kopitar, Duchene, B. Richards
    W: Malkin, Seguin, St. Louis, Hossa, Gaborik, Semin, Parenteau
    D: Byfuglien, Yandle, Campbell, Burns, Wisniewski, Visnovsky
    G: Halak, Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Padawan

Points only I think it's a tough call. Personally I think all three of Seguin, Eberle, and Duchene are 80-90 potential players, so it's probably a wash going for one of the others. But, if you're not a fan of Seguin personally I don't see it hurting you swapping for Eberle or Duchene.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.