Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kadri is Real or a dream ?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Who said Kadri didn't perform well in the AHL?!? He was a PPG player...what did people want from him? More to the point; what did he expect from himself?

His production in the AHL is completely in line with what should be expected of him in the NHL 60-70 points per season. More than that is gravy....less is dissapointing.
    Lol ..... The post you quoted says "Kadri says" ...... So I assume Kadri said it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Lol ..... The post you quoted says "Kadri says" ...... So I assume Kadri said it.
    I know, I made mention of that in my post ;D My point is that people are still debating his offensive ability and this comment was used to support some imaginary poor performance in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He is the real deal. A lot depends on whether he is the #1 center in TO, in which case a ppg is achievable or if he is #2, in which case I would say 65 - 70 pts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would guys consider Kadri before Skinner?!?

Regards

Beejer

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd take Kadri over Skinner.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Does recent contract negotiations hurt Kadri in any way?

Does he get a contract he wants then fails to impress as the pressure becomes relentless in Toronto?

I am almost hoping he gets a smaller bridge contract so that he gets another year to prove himself before they pay him big dollars.
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by leaftodd View Post
    I'd take Kadri over Skinner.
    Echo that.

Points only - for sure.
    Other stats - last year is the only comparable - and makes it somewhat closer, although I would still lean towards Kadri. Goals, Assists, (consequently Points) and +/- (TOR >> CAR) are Kadris, whereas SOG would be Skinner.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kadri significantly over Skinner

Dobber Sports Pro

I would take Skinner.

I have slowly been developing a dislike for Kadri. Seems like a bone-head....the kind of guy you roll your eyes at all the time cause of comments he makes.

Besides that, he had one good half of a season...whose to say would have continued to produce over an 82 game season? His value couldn't be lower in most leagues before the season started in January....and now his value is higher than it ever has been. Seems like if I could get comparable player but one who is a more proven player, I would make the switch. There's bound to be at least one GM who will overpay for Kadri thinking he's the next demi-god of Toronto.
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; August 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

He's hitting sell-high territory, for sure.

Great production in a shortened season, maybe some protected minutes (as in, Grabovski took a lot of tough matchups), second full year as a pro - a time when many good rookies struggle...there's enough there for me to think Kadri will drop off a bit.

I'm not talking from 70point pace to 45 or 50, but enough of a drop that if you're drinking the koolaid and projecting him as a possible 80pt guy...well, you're gonna wish you hadn't.

The reality is that there's enough issues floating around Kadri that - if he were on a team other than the Leafs - there would be more threads projecting a dropoff. Instead, we've got a bunch of threads saying he's a 70pt guy for sure.

Banned

Kadri is Real or a dream ?
    depends on who you're asking I guess...

if you're talking to many Leafs fans, he's already penciled in as the 2nd coming of Darryl Sittler

the rest of us are a little more cautiously optimistic...if I were to pick a comparable from my Habs I'd probably say Plekanec though probably more consistent, like 60-70 pts consistently? I think Kadri will have a big impact for the team as a whole but not as much on the scoreboard as many might be valuing him after last season

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I'm not talking from 70point pace to 45 or 50, but enough of a drop that if you're drinking the koolaid and projecting him as a possible 80pt guy...well, you're gonna wish you hadn't.
    I have him on my team, and I feel like I'm the only one in my league that has any faith in him.

That being said, I fully expect a dropoff this season. But I am confident that in a few years, he will be an 80-point guy. Sure there were lots of reasons why he did so well last year, but he also had a lot working against him: Not top linemates (except for a few games with Lupul), not top ice time (only 14 minutes a game on average), etc. Once everything balances out and he's had more games (he's only played 99 career games so far) and he gets used to the league, he should be an 80-point guy.

Owners just need to have patience.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid