Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kadri is Real or a dream ?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Tied for fourth in the league in penalties drawn per 60 minutes (minimum 10 games).

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67
    Thank you Sir! Rep to you!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

B) more responsibility
    The past month or so he has seen an increase in his responsibility (SH mins and the response has been more points. Small sample size but he's already starting to get used in these situations. It should be interesting to see how he fares the last few weeks.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Sage

If you look he's number 1 amongst skilled guys. That's sick! Kaleta got a nice boost last night lol.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    The past month or so he has seen an increase in his responsibility (SH mins and the response has been more points. Small sample size but he's already starting to get used in these situations. It should be interesting to see how he fares the last few weeks.
    That's great info. I watch parts of most every Leafs game on Centre Ice, and what I've seen from Kadri has been very encouraging, and at times spectacular. The increase in responsibility you cite corresponds to the numbers I had in my previous post: in the last 7 games, Kadri has 3G, 6A, +6, 1PPP, 4PIM. A nice trend, as Carlyle and his staff put more on the kid.

May be a topic for another thread, but I'd love to hear from Leafs Nation their thoughts on JVR. Granted, big power forwards take longer to develop, but JVR's rep in Philly was that he was prone to "disappearing" within games, just gliding, not inserting himself physically into every moment of every shift. "Lazy" and "Soft" was the conclusion. I certainly hesitate to use that now, after the amazingly hot start JVR had to this season. But his numbers have tailed off, for whatever reason. Could some of those old habits be creeping back into his game? Haven't watched enough to draw conclusions. What say you who have?
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post
    That's great info. I watch parts of most every Leafs game on Centre Ice, and what I've seen from Kadri has been very encouraging, and at times spectacular. The increase in responsibility you cite corresponds to the numbers I had in my previous post: in the last 7 games, Kadri has 3G, 6A, +6, 1PPP, 4PIM. A nice trend, as Carlyle and his staff put more on the kid.

May be a topic for another thread, but I'd love to hear from Leafs Nation their thoughts on JVR. Granted, big power forwards take longer to develop, but JVR's rep in Philly was that he was prone to "disappearing" within games, just gliding, not inserting himself physically into every moment of every shift. "Lazy" and "Soft" was the conclusion. I certainly hesitate to use that now, after the amazingly hot start JVR had to this season. But his numbers have tailed off, for whatever reason. Could some of those old habits be creeping back into his game? Haven't watched enough to draw conclusions. What say you who have?
    He is not nearly physical enough at all on a consistent baises and I found this to be the case even when he was scoring. He has the talent to be a top 6 guy there is no question about that but does he have the work ethic and heart to match the skill? I'm not sure in all honesty at this point. I for one don't like him playing with Kessel as imo Kessel has no balls or heart and don't like the influence he may have on him. I know this is not really helpful but I'm honestly still up in the air on him. Need to see way more grit in his game at this point.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I am curious to see how Naz performs when he starts getting the top D in the league shadowing him. That should tell a great deal about his future production. I think he's a 55 to 60 point player.

I don't like how JVR disappears for stretches, but considering they got him for nothing (yes, nothing) I can't complain.

Personally, if I was Leafs GM, I would seriously be shopping Kessel and I would even explore the possibility of selling high on Kadri right now. #1 on my wishlist... someone like Pronger when he was in his prime. I don't believe the Leafs make any true progress until they realize Dion is a terrific #2 or #3 d-man, but miscast as a #1 .
    I love the idea of shopping Kessel and have begged for this to happen for years. I loath the idea of trading Kadri :-)

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Kadri's development is going pretty well - Toronto did him right. It's hard to say at this point if these flashes of brilliance are indicative of his true skill level (and he's just been inconsistent due to his continued development and simply being young) - OR if he's just a third liner getting hot.

I think it's somewhere closer to the former.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Veteran

I doubt Kadri can carry his recent pace over the course of a full season, but I also think that's asking the wrong question. That would put him somewhere within or near the top 10 point producers in the NHL, which is a very lofty club and pretty unfair to expect of anyone other than the select few. But as far as I'm concerned, the guy has shown that he is a legit offensive threat capable of bringing it on any given night. And that is damn near 180 degrees from how I personally viewed him coming into the season, after he had a few nice games, and even a couple weeks ago.

That is to say that I've never been that big of a fan of Kadri for one reason or another. And while I'll likely never have him on my roster at this point due to the likely asking price to get him compared to other players, I'm done doubting him. The kid is good and has proven that my prior opinion effectively writing him off was premature, unjustified, or both.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Novice

I am curious to see how Naz performs when he starts getting the top D in the league shadowing him. That should tell a great deal about his future production. I think he's a 55 to 60 point player.

I don't like how JVR disappears for stretches, but considering they got him for nothing (yes, nothing) I can't complain.

Personally, if I was Leafs GM, I would seriously be shopping Kessel and I would even explore the possibility of selling high on Kadri right now. #1 on my wishlist... someone like Pronger when he was in his prime. I don't believe the Leafs make any true progress until they realize Dion is a terrific #2 or #3 d-man, but miscast as a #1 .
    If you consider L. Schenn to be nothing, then you are starting to realize that you also got nothing (yes, nothing) in return for him either, so no, you can't complain.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a little confused. JVR is the leading goal scorer for the Leafs. More than Kessel, more than Kadri. I haven't checked but I'm confident Schenn leads the Flyers in turnovers, bringing very little else to the table, so I thought I was being nice calling him nothing.
    Ya I don't understand this either. While I'm not the biggest fan of JVR. Scheen is one of the 10 worst players in the league. Even if JVR falls on his face and ends up a 3rd liner we win that deal hands down.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm a little confused. JVR is the leading goal scorer for the Leafs. More than Kessel, more than Kadri. I haven't checked but I'm confident Schenn leads the Flyers in turnovers, bringing very little else to the table, so I thought I was being nice calling him nothing.

Not sure where you figure that from but he's only got 18 giveaways. That's less than half of your Phaneuf's league leading 37, and also less than the likes of Franson, Gunnarsson, and Kostka (your top 4 minute eaters) aswell. He also leads the league in Hits for defensemen with 115, and those are 115 devastating hits. Only 7 points but hasn't see a single shift on the powerplay this season. He is one of, if not Philly's most reliable defenceman outside of his first handful of games in the jersey.

JVR has just been classic JVR. There one moment, gone the rest. Turning 24 in a month and hasnt put up over 40 points in a season yet as a 2nd overall pick/forward, that's pretty hurtin of you ask me. I'm a fan of his but I'm just not suer what you think you got for what you think you gave up, that's all.

The Great One

JVR needs to be more consistent.

L. Schenn is not a top pairing defender. If he continues to work on his skating, he could be a very very good 3rd or 4th defender. Timonen and Coburn are a hell of a lot more reliable than Schenn. Even if you disagree, bragging that Schenn is "Philly's most reliable defender", while Philly is top 8 in terms of GA and currently sit in 4th last in the league is probably not the best angle to take.

Back to Kadri.

He has a lot more to develop to be considered a point a game player but definitely has all the tools to become one. And for those commenting that they need to see him against top defenders, and other teams top lines.....this has already been happening pretty regularly.

Dobber Sports Sage

Schenn is shit period. His 109 and whatever hits mean nothing because.95% of the time he goes to make a hit it is at ill advised time and it takes him out of position to make said hit. He only has whatever give aways because he is not good enough to get the puck in the first place and if he does get it he passes it to his partner immediately like it was a fu##### grenade. Anyone who thinks differently is just plane wrong period. Worst player in the NHL

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Not the top D. Not yet.
    As an example, against Boston on Saturday, Chara was still changing on the fly constantly specifically to match up against Kessel. Kessel is still drawing the top d-men, although Kadri has certainly been playing against better forwards recently.
    I'm sure you watch as many Leaf games as me and are just as knowledgeable. Kadri is the best player on the team and it's not even close. He throws his body around is not a perimeter player all the little things Kessel does not do!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Ninja

The problem with this line of thinking is that there are no players like Pronger left anymore and if there were, it would take one hell of a lot more than either Kessel or Kadri to pry him away from his current team. Was Shea Weber? Suter? What other #1 D Free Agents were available? Subban? Even he wasn't going anywhere for a Kessel or Kadri.

Every team wants a player like Pronger, but the reality is that there are none to be had. How many teams would be happy to have a #1 D as good as Phaneuf? Probalby quite a few, although I'm not sure about his locker room presence, he seems a little weird to me (like lacking a personality or something).

Back to Kadri. The kid has been outstanding and it all stems from confidence. The previous coach didn't trust him or put him in situations where he could succeed. Carlyle has this kid playing out of this world. Is he a PPG player next season? Probably not, BUT give him a couple or three seasons and some quality linemates and I'd say the talent is there. As long as the work ethic continues to get better, he certainly has the tools to be a PPG player. He was reamed for showing up to camp this year NOT in tip top shape. If he works hard this off-season, then who knows, maybe he can challenge the PPG mark.

Having Kessel on a different line only makes Kadri better as Kessel draws all the tough checking assignments. If Kadri starts drawing the tough matchups, Kessel will kill the opposition most nights.

A very interesting situation that has developed here. I can't wait to see how next year unfolds.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket