Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kadri is Real or a dream ?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kadri is Real or a dream ?

What is the potential of Kadri for the next year ? Do you have the potential to become a 80 pts players ?

Administrator

He gets covered a lot and praised by most people, but just for this one time I'll say it's all a dream.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I've never been a believer in him, but he is looking for real this year and I am starting to change my opinion of him.

I think he definitely has the potential to put up 80 pts a season. Will he actually do that? I'd only expect 70 pts going forward and be happy with anything more.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

not a believer, and i see him as your typical 65-70pnt player with one great year tickling the 80point mark
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    not a believer, and i see him as your typical 65-70pnt player with one great year tickling the 80point mark
    This. He is for real in the sense that he's a decent player, but he's not a PPG player or above. 60-70 is his range.

Administrator

Think of this more as a guy fulfilling his potential rather than discovering a whole new upside to his game.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Over 50% of the time his teammates have been either Orr, Komarov, Frattin or Maccarthur. With those names, not many players would be putting up at over a PGG pace.

Over the course of the last month, his PP time is actually going down (from 3 mins to min and a half Jan vs March) as his playing time increases (up almost 3 minutes to over 17) . His faceoff percentage is climbing as well.

It doesn't sound to me like he's done getting where he's going, although I would agree expecting PPG from him on a regular basis would be a bit of a stretch.

IT should be noted it's a contract year for him (and Komarov and Franson, time to pay the piper!)
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It was all a dream. I used to read Word Up magazine, Franson and Kadri up in the Maple Leafs limousine!

Both will surely come down back to earth next year.
    6 Team Yahoo Points-Only Keeper League
    G = 1 pt and A = 1pt, W = 1pt and SO = 3pts
    Keep 4 (any position)
    Start 3 C, 4 W, 4 D, 1 G (starters in bold)
    Bench 6
    C: Backstrom, Kopitar, Duchene, B. Richards
    W: Malkin, Seguin, St. Louis, Hossa, Gaborik, Semin, Parenteau
    D: Byfuglien, Yandle, Campbell, Burns, Wisniewski, Visnovsky
    G: Halak, Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Ace

Kadri is the real deal. Not getting nearly enough respect around here. Imagine where he'd be in his development curve if Wilson and Burke didn't hate him so. Carlyle is getting the most from both Kadri and Franson, which is nice to see.

Can't wait to see what Kadri does next year in a full NHL schedule. Look at the way JVR has cooled off recently as Kadri has heated up -- JVR with 1G, 2A, -2, 1PPP, 0PIM in last 7 games. In same stretch, Kadri has 3G, 6A, +6, 1PPP, 4PIM.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post
    Kadri is the real deal. Not getting nearly enough respect around here. Imagine where he'd be in his development curve if Wilson and Burke didn't hate him so. Carlyle is getting the most from both Kadri and Franson, which is nice to see.

Can't wait to see what Kadri does next year in a full NHL schedule. Look at the way JVR has cooled off recently as Kadri has heated up -- JVR with 1G, 2A, -2, 1PPP, 0PIM in last 7 games. In same stretch, Kadri has 3G, 6A, +6, 1PPP, 4PIM.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by 'for real'. As I said earlier, I am starting to become a believer in him, but I still don't think he could possibly sustain his current pace over a full 82 game season and become a consistent 80-90 pt player.

I do, however, see him settling into the 65-70 pt range, which based on last year's stats puts him among the top 25-30 point getters in the NHL, which is very respectable and definitely not what I expected him to become prior to this season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Meniac View Post
    It was all a dream. I used to read Word Up magazine, Franson and Kadri up in the Maple Leafs limousine!

Both will surely come down back to earth next year.
    awesome +rep

Administrator

I want to see what he does with:

A) a full season

B) more responsibility

Kadri's probably never going to have to face the toughest matchups in Toronto so long as Grabovski is around but despite the mediocre linemates he still is getting fairly insulated with favourable zone starts and line-matching.

Once Toronto starts paying him like a top 6 talent they are going to expect him to play up to that level. Not saying he isn't capable but that's the next hurdle in his development and I wouldn't be shocked if there were some more hiccups along the way as he expands his overall game.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Those saying he's not real need to watch more leaf games. It is simply unfathomable that you would be saying this if you had watched him play over 10 games this year. He has simply been the best player in the game in the majority of his games this year and looks like he's going to score or setup a goal every shift almost. He is as real as they come and this is coming from a Leaf fan who has started threads over the last 2 years with titles like Scheen sucks, Kessel is brutal, Reimer is a dog and please fire Brian Burke. I guarantee he is REAL!
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; March 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post

Great post another thing that goes unnoticed and would love to know were I could look it up is how many penalty's he is drawing. He has to be top 10 in the league in that regard.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Great post another thing that goes unnoticed and would love to know were I could look it up is how many penalty's he is drawing. He has to be top 10 in the league in that regard.
    Tied for fourth in the league in penalties drawn per 60 minutes (minimum 10 games).

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg