Thread: Trade 1 of Price/Fleury/Rask

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trade 1 of Price/Fleury/Rask

My pool details are in my sig. Currently these 3 G on my team are sitting with...
    Price 35 points
    Rask 31 points
    Fleury 29 points...not counting towards my totals

I'm in 1st place by less than 20 points and I will almost certainly need to make one or two significant trades to ensure a win. Long-term it doesn't make sense to hold onto 3 keeper G when no more than 2 will ever count for me in a given season [although this kind of quality depth is huge].

Factoring in this year, long-term projections, and that my pool has a playoff pool component which G would you trade and why would you keep the other 2 instead?

They're all quality, but I think I need to make a tough decision here. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Giant

rask and price are both young dominant studs. id roll with them.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    rask and price are both young dominant studs. id roll with them.
    Exactly my view aswell.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yah, you have to go with Rask and Price.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

With a playoff component, I'd keep Rask & Fleury.

The only reason Fleury isn't at the top of this scoring group is that PIT has been trying to get him more rest by playing Vokoun. In the playoffs, it will be all Fleury.

But... if you are going for the title, use this to your advantage.
    Just find out who will give you the better return: Price or Fleury.

I would not trade Rask. Period.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    With a playoff component, I'd keep Rask & Fleury.

The only reason Fleury isn't at the top of this scoring group is that PIT has been trying to get him more rest by playing Vokoun. In the playoffs, it will be all Fleury.
    Playoff component maybe isn't the best wording on my part. We run a second pool that takes place during the playoffs where you can ice a team of any 15 players currently on your keeper roster...not more than 2 G is pretty much the only rule.

Just to be clear the playoff part is a second pool worth less money and not connected to the regular season pool.

General observations over the past few years in my pool...

G with close to 70 starts are more valuable than I thought...they amass more losses, but also more wins. G with less starts [60ish] need to be on pretty good teams or posting decent SO totals in order to be elite. Fleury is a model of consistency usually totalling in the mid-60s for points simply b/c PIT doesn't play him a ton and he's sucks for SOs. Rask won't likely eat up 70 starts either, but he'll post similar wins and more SO in BOS. I love Price b/c he looks like a 70 start kind of G with the possibility for SO as well. This is one of the reasons I'm leaning towards trading either Rask or Fleury.
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

While I believe Price may be the best G of the bunch I'm not as "sold" on the Canadians and would personally roll with MAF and Rask. All three are great quality but to me MAF and Rask play on bonafide contenders and will likely do so for a long time. MTL is playing great this year (in large part due to Price's solid play) but that team is very inconsistent and I think that'll continue. In other words, they aren't "contenders" year-in-year-out.

You're not really "selling high" on Price as he's a legit keeper but I think his return is going to be very fruitfull for you if you ship him this year.

In all honesty you can't go wrong with any two. A different approach that may work out is to anounce to everyone in the league that ANY of one of your 3 G can be had to the highest bidder. See what kind of offers you get on each of hte G and then decide who you want to keep+acquire.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Pro

My opinion:

Since all 3 are great, valuable, young goalies I would trade whichever one nets you the highest return.

If there's a big Boston fan in the league, dangle Rask. Habs fan, dangle Price and so on....

Firstly, identify which area of your team you would like to improve on. D? Goal scorers?

With your team settings I would try to trade any of the 3 goalies for a top flight D who can score goals and another depth forward that can chip in as well. Since you have 3 of the top dogs, there must be a team in your league that is in need of strong keeper goalie. This should accomplish the goal of you staying at the top of the standings while also preparing you for the playoffs and still having very strong keepers.

Side note, could be a great time to buy low on a guy like Karlsson as well. Doesn't help you now, but next year...oh boy... look out!
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Expert

All the insight you guys have thrown out is much appreciated. The reality is I'm not going to get anything close to keeper value in the deal this year. We have a GM joinin us via expansion draft this off-season...pushing our pool to 10 GMs. We'll only be able to protect 8 keepers and 1 prospect...the new GM can then pluck up to 2 players off of each roster.

Then with what's left we can keep 10 + 3 prospects. Everyone knows this is coming.

Right now the kind of return I can hope to get is an aging star like St. Louis and a package of players who will altogether add roughly 30 points to my roster...giving me a 50 point lead on 2nd place. I don't really care if I lose St. Louis in the off-season and given his age the expansion GM may well leave him alone...all the better. Realistically I'm not going to get keeper value back in this deal, but it may win me the pool this year and I have a G to give.

Forwards
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask