Thread: Pascal Dupuis' Days Numbered?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pascal Dupuis' Days Numbered?

League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

He makes some good points, but I'm not convinced other GMs value Dupuis that much. I truly believe the speculation is his points are based on who he's playing with as opposed to the tremendous value Dupuis brings on his own.

I would make 2 points. First, [and this was alluded to in the article] while I think I might even be fantasy worthy playing on Crosby's wing, messing with proven chemistry between players is a dicey thing. My guess is it makes more sense to keep Dupuis for the post-season run and lose him for nothing than to trade him for what I believe would be a middling return.

Second, if PIT does make a move at the deadline it will almost certainly be for a marquee player who will play RW on Crosby's line...bumping Dupuis down or off the roster [my bet is on down...in case the chemistry isn't there you can always call him back up].

I don't think the "return" is there right now to sell as high as the article postulates.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    He makes some good points, but I'm not convinced other GMs value Dupuis that much.
    Agree.
    I don't think the return on Dupuis would be large enough for PIT to move him.

PIT's not broken... not sure why it needs to be fixed.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Article in my opinion is bang on. There is a lot of speculation Shero is getting ready to make a move. He has never been a "if ain't broke don't fix it" type of person. If he has thought about moving Dupuis in the past, now is as good a time as ever. The Pens were a lot of people's favourite last year and they were an absolute disaster in the 1st round. I guarantee Shero has a vision and wants to win. Whether that's Dupuis or not I don't know, but I wager he makes a move and goes after the cup this year. Another cup would go a long way in helping to extend Malkin's contract.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Reading this makes me think of what might happen to Kunitz next year. He's only signed for one year after this one at 3.75M and he will be 34. Obviously he's playing out of his him mind right now and won't keep it up but what type of salary will he demand? He did sign his last deal without getting a raise. I doubt he does it again. With Malkin and Letang all set for raises at the same time I don't know if money will be there for Kunitz. Will their always be a revolving door around Crosby? If people succeed they want more money.

Maybe I should go out and pick up Bennett, he should be the only winger left in 2 years.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Reading this makes me think of what might happen to Kunitz next year. He's only signed for one year after this one at 3.75M and he will be 34. Obviously he's playing out of his him mind right now and won't keep it up but what type of salary will he demand? He did sign his last deal without getting a raise. I doubt he does it again. With Malkin and Letang all set for raises at the same time I don't know if money will be there for Kunitz. Will their always be a revolving door around Crosby? If people succeed they want more money.

Maybe I should go out and pick up Bennett, he should be the only winger left in 2 years.
    Having guys like Crosby and Geno (along with a few others) with huge cap hits means that there will probably be a revolving door somewhere on the roster.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust