Thread: Which side offers the best rebuild?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which side offers the best rebuild?

I'm looking to refill my team for next year and beyond and don't have much to jump about in the pipeline.

Spezza, Couturier, Markstrom, F, Forsberg, Wilson, 1st 2013 (7th ov projected)

or

J. Staal, R. Johansen, Lindback, Armia, Bjugstad, 1st 2013 (13th ov projected) 5th rd 2014

Which side has the most potential? More security? Preference? Why? Goaltending is huge in our league.. and having nothing after Lou and Varly is a concern.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
    I'm looking to refill my team for next year and beyond and don't have much to jump about in the pipeline.

Spezza, Couturier, Markstrom, F, Forsberg, Wilson, 1st 2013 (7th ov projected)

or

J. Staal, R. Johansen, Lindback, Armia, Bjugstad, 1st 2013 (13th ov projected) 5th rd 2014

Which side has the most potential? More security? Preference? Why? Goaltending is huge in our league.. and having nothing after Lou and Varly is a concern.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
    I much prefer the first side. I think Couturier has untapped offensive potential. Spezza has a higher upside than Staal and he isn't that old. Markstrom has stud written all over him, Forsberg too.

The projected 7th overall pick is also huge IMO. It could land you one of Nichushkin,Monahan,Lindholm
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Basically

Spezza > Staal =+1
    Couturier < Johansen = -1
    Markstrom > Lindback = +1
    Forsberg > Armia = +1
    Wilson < Bjustad = -1
    7 pick > 13 pick = +1
    Total Score = +2

Basically, when evaluating prospects in trades, I like this method of looking at it. It's tough to evaluate who will be better amd by how much, so you kinda have to stick to talent. The only real player swap is Spezza for Staal. That's a win. Markstrom is more talented than Lindback, but both are gonna get blown out this year. Johansen, more talented and more opportunity than Couturier, but on a much less talented team. Forsberg is more talented than Armia and on a better team, and will probably given the same opportunity to crack top 6 or maybe a better one. Bjustad is much better than Wilson, I would really want to keep him. I think he lights it up with Huberdeau (and Drouin?) next season. Pick upgrade is obviously good. I like the Spezza side.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With Spezza over J. Staal, my question would be.. Spezza being the bettet offensive talent, do his numbers drop once Alfredsson is gone? Do Staal's increase due to an expanded offensive role? Does Spezza's injury history, and ability to miss 20+ games a season make he and Staal closer in value?
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Guru

Take the first deal. Spezza could also bring more in a trade if you decide to continue the rebuild next year.

I wouldn't worry about the Spezza/Alfie thing. They don't play on the same line, so there shouldn't be a lot of impact on one another.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Yea, Spezza's won't drop off much, if any with Alfie retiring. Keep in mind they still have Silvferberg and Zibenejad to replace him. And closer in value, but not equal. Spezza can still put up 90 points, Jordan just never will. As for the "expanded role" part, last year Staal finished with 50 points in 62 games (66 points in 82 games), this year he has 19 points in 29 games, good for a pro-rated 53 points in 82 games. guy is a 60-65 point player, and maybe finding out that playing with Malkin and Crosby really has some perks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Are these offers for Stamkos again??
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Are these offers for Stamkos again??
    Hmm, didn't realize you had posted about Stamkos before. If this is the offer for Stamkos, I probably still say no.