Thread: Backstrom/Kopitar for Nash/Whitney

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Backstrom/Kopitar for Nash/Whitney

I would love to acquire Nash and keep him as my 4th keeper, I really like what he brings all across the board for our league's categories. Would an offer of Backstrom(c)+Kopitar for Nash+Whitney(LW) be a good offer?
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

Likely keepers in BOLD

C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Seems a steep price to pay for Nash (Whitney is inconsequential). IMO not so sure Nash is the better keeper over Benn. Dont love this deal as you've put it.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Seems a steep price to pay for Nash (Whitney is inconsequential). IMO not so sure Nash is the better keeper over Benn. Dont love this deal as you've put it.
    What would be a reasonable offer for him? Kopitar+Carter? or Backstrom+Carter/Purcell?

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah either if those is a little more reasonable...if the other guy is willing to move Nash at all. If move one of Backstrom or Kopitar...just not both. Hard tl orchestrate a better offer without knowing the other guys roster needs.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Yeah either if those is a little more reasonable...if the other guy is willing to move Nash at all. If move one of Backstrom or Kopitar...just not both. Hard tl orchestrate a better offer without knowing the other guys roster needs.
    I think his biggest need is goals and points in general. He has good goaltending, nothing that I can offer there anyways, and great peripheral players: Lucic, Simmonds, Crosby, Moulson.. and good D as well. Pretty well rounded team, but needs more goals it seems, and maybe more point production in general. Im thinking of offering Backstrom+Carter, Kopitar seems more valuable this season and he's producing better.

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Sens85 View Post
    I think his biggest need is goals and points in general. He has good goaltending, nothing that I can offer there anyways, and great peripheral players: Lucic, Simmonds, Crosby, Moulson.. and good D as well. Pretty well rounded team, but needs more goals it seems, and maybe more point production in general. Im thinking of offering Backstrom+Carter, Kopitar seems more valuable this season and he's producing better.
    There you go. Excellent strategy.

Really beef up.Backstrom's name. Hes not as dominating this year, but Nash too had down years. Carter is also not the fantasy player he once was...but has atleast returned to the goal scoring ways of old. Sell based on his years in philly...especially 2 years ago...and suggest a return to form.

Nash is a superstar in...go figure...and under acheiving team AGAIN. Only difference...Rangers are not the blue jackets. Glenn will surrounded Nash with the tools he needs. Good long term upgrade foe you...you maintain kopi for the balance if the year... Other guy gets one of the premier Centers in the game of the recent past and a big somewhat multi cat sniper SHO appear to be "returning" to his elite ways.

Best case...everyone wins.

Dobber Sports Wizard

gotta be honest i dont like nash as a keeper in this league

12 team keep 4 anywhere between 12 and 18 goalies + defensemen are likely kept

that leaves between 30 and 36 forwards being kept and i am not sure i put nash in that group

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    gotta be honest i dont like nash as a keeper in this league

12 team keep 4 anywhere between 12 and 18 goalies + defensemen are likely kept

that leaves between 30 and 36 forwards being kept and i am not sure i put nash in that group
    My current 4th keeper would most likely be Backstrom. But my thinking is that both Nash and Backstrom will have similar point potential from now on, around PPG. Right now Nash is at a PPG pace and thats with Richards underperforming, so Im guessing he'll be able to maintaing at least PPG from now on, especially once Brad picks it up. Im also pegging Backstrom at PPG, I strongly doubt he, or even Ovi will go back to 100pts, and they're not even playing together anymore. So it really leaves just the peripherals, which are still significant part of my league. Nash has a huge advantage in SOG, a category I can end up dominating with Neal and Tavares also being my keepers. He also has an edge in PIM, and +/- with the solid D and netkeeping behind him. I'd give Backstrom a slight edge in PPP, but that's pretty much it. So overall, my line of thinking is that Nash would be a better keeper for my categories. Aside from him, I don't know anyon else I can realistically target and keep as my 4th keeper which would be an upgrade from Backstrom. Eberle comes to mind, but he only contributes in the point department, and he's not doing that at all, and Im afraid someone might take his spot all together if he continues like this.

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

i am not sure i buy nash as a lock for ppg just yet to be honest but that might just be me

i mean if we make him a ppg player from this season do we make everyone above him in scoring a lock for what they have done

i am not sure i buy nash as a lock for ppg just yet to be honest but that might just be me

i mean if we make him a ppg player from this season do we make everyone above him in scoring a lock for what they have done
    Ah I see, valid point. Im sort of buying into the hype. He's was a proven 65-70pt guy in Columbus when he was all alone, with Richards at his side i think it safe to say he'll at least be a 70pt guy. In which case, even if he only ends up scoring 70pts, his peripherals would still make him more valuable than Backstrom. So Im buying into his percieved potential now that he's with the Rangers, and the risk seems minimal, while the reward can be potentially huge, especially if he ends up being a player withs stats like Perry, that would be amazing.

Edit: ill take a shot at him and see what his owner say, im not willing to overpay but I would love to acquire him at least for next season.

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

i am not sure what you think richards is but you are wrong on that

but yeah i mean if you arent going to overpay thats fine i just think you should go higher if you are looking to upgrade keepers

i am not sure what you think richards is but you are wrong on that

but yeah i mean if you arent going to overpay thats fine i just think you should go higher if you are looking to upgrade keepers

any suggestions on who would be a good target?

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

this isnt really something that i can give you a name because i dont know the situations of the teams that players are on

in a keep 4 it is pretty tough to just go out and get players because you cant just overwhelm someone with a blitz trade targeting a player

look to target injured keeper worthy players look to target underperforming keeper worthy players etc

but again much of it will depend on the individual teams in your league and what their situations look like

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Honestly I'm not sure I would bail on Halak just yet. Guy has proven himself before and is on one of the best teams a goalie can play for. An eleven game stretch isn't enough for me to bail just yet. I'd make him your 4th keeper