Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Resigning] Perry signed for eight years

Dobber Sports Ace

A sens fan (and owner of perry in 2 keepers) in mourning ... i assume they will suck next year now that their big guns are signed
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Master

Well good for Anaheim. Literally everybody (ranging from avid watchers like ourselves all the way up to Bob McKenzie) thought Perry was gone and they convinced him to stay. This insane season might've helped.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bob Murray: "Oh hey Corey, I see you have a week off! Want to talk contract extension?"
    Corey Perry: "Sure Bob, I need something to keep me busy until this suspension is over."
    Murray: "Ok, so what were you thinking?"
    Perry: "Doesn't matter as long as I make more than Getzlaf."
    Murray: "Sounds reasonable. The dump truck full of cash will be at your house Monday morning."

I'm no Eklund, but I'm pretty sure this is how the negotiations went down.

The Great One

Crazy.

Great news for Anaheim....they will lean desperately on their young guns coming in...they have to.

Dobber Sports Genius

The the heated rivalry between the Sharks and Ducks continue. There's nothing like having a most hated player on a team stay there.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

The Great One

A good read

Trading Corey Perry was not an option for Ducks
    By Elliotte Friedman

Dobber Sports Veteran

These signings, especially the Perry one, are ridiculous. Perry had one dynamite year. ONE. And now he is signed for 8 years and 69 mill? The Ducks will regret this signing. I'm not saying Perry isn't a nice player but take away his worst year and his best year and he is averaging 60 points over those 5 years. Is that really worth Sidney Crosby money? I don't see how it is. Perry is not an elite offensive talent. He was for one year, but unless they are paying him 8 mill because of the other intangibles he brings to the table, then this is a bad signing imo.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    These signings, especially the Perry one, are ridiculous. Perry had one dynamite year. ONE. And now he is signed for 8 years and 69 mill? The Ducks will regret this signing. I'm not saying Perry isn't a nice player but take away his worst year and his best year and he is averaging 60 points over those 5 years. Is that really worth Sidney Crosby money? I don't see how it is. Perry is not an elite offensive talent. He was for one year, but unless they are paying him 8 mill because of the other intangibles he brings to the table, then this is a bad signing imo.
    dont worry they will take care of it with the next lockout i am sure

in the next few years the players are going to do everything they can to make sure that their guaranteed contracts disappear in the next cba

there is absolutely zero self control on either side of the table

Dobber Sports Star

I'm not sure if they'll regret it a whole lot, but it is still too much cash.

A colleague asked me today "How do they afford Getzlaf, Perry, and still put the rest of a team on the ice?". My answer was "Pittsburgh does it".

So sell Hiller. That's $3.5M right there (assuming they get a $1M backup goalie in return). They have some other guys coming off the books. Not sure what happens with Selanne but he'll probably keep playing forever.

Does this mean Bobby Ryan is on his way out?

BOBBY RYAN TO TORONTO. START THE RUMOURS.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Wizard

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Perry's deal also includes full No-Move Clause which went into effect immediately yesterday

Dobber Sports Guru

This ain't Sidney Crosby money. Crosby makes over $80 million for his first 8 years. Can't compare cap hits as the contracts were signed under different CBA and Crosby took the extra years to bring his cap hit down.

Perry is very much an elite offensive talent and has been one of the leagues top goal scorers in the past five years and top-15 in points also. Hart Trophy, Rocket Richard, Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold Medal. Proven winner at every level. You can't get any more elite than that unless you're Crosby or Malkin.

Great signing for Perry, for Anaheim and for my salary cap team (had feared for 10+ million cap hit if he hit free agency).
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    dont worry they will take care of it with the next lockout i am sure

in the next few years the players are going to do everything they can to make sure that their guaranteed contracts disappear in the next cba

there is absolutely zero self control on either side of the table
    Are you serious? hahahahahahaha

So... players should REFUSE these contracts and ask for LESS money, in an attempt to have a more favourable CBA, which they won't use to get a bg contact due to all if the self control they have. Did you even think about what you were saying before you submitted that post??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    Are you serious? hahahahahahaha

So... players should REFUSE these contracts and ask for LESS money, in an attempt to have a more favourable CBA, which they won't use to get a bg contact due to all if the self control they have. Did you even think about what you were saying before you submitted that post??
    i am not saying they should refuse anything i am saying that they are helping to dig their own graves because they refuse to look past tomorrow and you know what maybe that isnt their responsibility maybe they shouldnt worry about what comes later and just get theirs but they are taking a very short sighted approach to all of this

it doesnt take too long to figure out exactly where the owners will focus on the next cba once these deals start coming out

Dobber Sports Guru

Since the average hockey career lasts about 4 seasons (from my recollection) I dont begrudge these guys trying to get as much money as they can while they can.

Dobber Sports Pro

Looks like Bobby Ryan will be a 2nd line winger there for the forseeable future.
    With Etem, Belesky, Palmieri etc I'm sure they'll prefer to balance thier top 2 lines.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop