Thread: What to do with my goalies?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What to do with my goalies?

Right now I have the best offensive lineup in my league, but my goalies have killed me the past two weeks. The sharks have been nothing short of awful since their hot start, and Halak has been my most disappointing draft pick yet.

The trade deadline has passed, and the owners of Rask and the other top tier goalies were asking way too much so now I'm stuck with these guys:

I'm playing a pretty offensively week team this week so I have no problem with dropping Tlusty for a third goalie if Halak is worth holding on to.
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    categories: g, a, +/-, pim, sog, ppp, hits, blk
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Tavares, Duchene, Backes, Michalek, Simmonds, Filppula, Conacher, Silfverberg

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you have an easy win this week, I'd do nothing and see how things pan out, as there are multiple viable goalie options on the WW for you. Information is more valuable than extra fantasy stats in a matchup you'll win anyways. You'll have a much better sense where Halak stands in STL, whether Bob and CLS can keep this insane streak up, if Hiller can lock up the starting role in ANH, and if WSH and the Peg are worth hitching your horse to.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not as a homer, since I have him, but why wouldn't you grab Hiller over Niemi? ANA is a top 3 team league wide and playing great defence.. That will help anyone's stats, nevermind the fact that he's playing good hockey again himself.

And to your point, SJ sucks lately.
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie35 View Post
    Not as a homer, since I have him, but why wouldn't you grab Hiller over Niemi? ANA is a top 3 team league wide and playing great defence.. That will help anyone's stats, nevermind the fact that he's playing good hockey again himself.

And to your point, SJ sucks lately.
    I'd dump Halak long before Niemi. As noted, the Sharks have been quite bad, but Niemi has been relatively fantastic this season despite that (save for the past week or so). Add in that he's the true work horse on that team, in a minutes played league, and I'd be holding onto Niemi.

But I'd have no qualms about dumping Halak for Hiller or Bob in the near term, keeping an eye on Jake Allen, Pavelec, Varly and a handful of others from that list to see who emerges/goes on a hot streak.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry dejeanneret you're right, forgot Niemi is performing despite his team, good catch.
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Superstar

There seems to be a lot of talent available on the waiver wire in a 10 team league with 7(6 ignoring hattricks) to 4 categories.

Niemi is a stud don't drop him. I'd have some faith in Halak and the STL system wouldn't drop him just yet. Right now I'd add Hiller but would be would keep a sharp eye on Allen, Pavelec and Bobrovsky.

I'd roll with Niemi, Halak and Hiller this week.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

No worries ... I just noticed that I carried over the concept of this being a minutes played league from a different thread and it's not applicable here. So scratch that part, but I'd still rather hang onto Niemi over Halak (and hope like hell that Niemi's poor play the last couple of games is a blip on the radar rather than a sign that he's also become infected with the suckathockeyitus that is plaguing most of his teammates).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith