Thread: MDZ or Whitney?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default MDZ or Whitney?

For the rest of the year, points only?

Whitney have 4 points in is last 4 games. But I don't saw the games.
    Anybody knows if he play well?

And for MDZ?
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take MDZ.

MDZ has surpassed Whitney as a player at this point in a head-to-head comparison, and seeing that your league also includes playoffs, I generally like the Rangers chances at making the playoffs in the East over the Oilers' chances to do so in the West (and that despite the fact that the Rangers are currently 3 points out and playing like hell compared to the Oilers being 2 points out, and also notwithstanding that the Rangers having one less game remaining than the Oilers do). With Whitney, you just never know. Will he get hurt again and miss time? Will he go back to being a healthy scratch again for some/stretches of games? Just too much uncertainty there for me.

Where this could become slightly complicated is if the Oilers are able to deal Whitney to a contender at the trade deadline ... that certainly could impact the analysis given that playoffs count. But that possibility involves too much speculation from my perspective, both in terms of whether (a) that will even happen (it's been reported that the Oilers have been shopping him forever and receiving little interest); and (b) what Whitney's role would be on that new, and presumably, better team.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, for what it's worth I own Del Zotto and Whitney is on the wire and I'm not jumping to make this move.

Whitney has been playing better from what I've seen here and there, but for one he's an injury risk, and two he's a healthy scratch risk if his play drops again.