Thread: Ott/Ryan for Sharp/Briere?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ott/Ryan for Sharp/Briere?

I'm thinking of offering this trade. I think Sharp would be an upgrade over Ryan, and gives me triple positional eligibility over Ryan's LW. Sharp should be back in two weeks and I'm easily in 1st so I can wait for playoffs, whereas the other owner is *trying* to squeeze into the playoffs if he can pull off two good weeks.

I need to drop someone when Spezza comes back, and I just picked up Clarkson, so I feel Ott might be the one to go (I should still have enough hits to win that category). So if Briere still sucks I'll just drop him, if he heats up, I'll have another dilemma later, albeit a good one.

What do you think? Is this a solid offer and a win/win?

The other manager would probably drop Conacher to activate Ryan since Sharp is on his IR.
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Decent trade?
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

I don't like it. You are basically trading Ott + Ryan for two injured players, Sharp and then to make room for Spezza. Briere is a replacement level player with those cats. Ott is a very servicible roster player and two weeks extra from Ryan is worth more than an injured Sharp, who was underwhelming before going down. Also, RDS is reporting that Spezza had a setback in his recovery and may be out another 4 weeks, so a drop might not be needed for a while

Hmmm, if Spezza isnt going to be back, then I'd have to keep Ott..

So Ryan > Sharp when both are healthy? I'm so far ahead of the rest of the league that I'll make the top two positions for the first week bye in Playoffs, so I'm really only working towards Week 23 and 24.

Looking at the layout of my team, I'd also be able to play Sharp one more game than I would if I had Ryan for the final week.

Should I still keep Ryan?