Thread: Eight Potential Closers To Watch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Eight Potential Closers To Watch

As promised, Chris Martinez and I have brought you this beauty on potential closers.

http://baseball.dobbersports.com/ind...own&Itemid=117

Enjoy!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Sage

Great in depth read bro. Herrera is a stud and will be the man in K.C. sooner rather then later.uu
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Great in depth read bro. Herrar is a stud and will be the man in K.C. sooner rather then later.u
    Will he be setting up to start? Im in a Holds league so his value would go way up if he's the set up man + having closer potential.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Will he be setting up to start? Im in a Holds league so his value would go way up if he's the set up man + having closer potential.
    Yes, I fully expect him to break camp as the setup guy but keep an eye on Tim Collins who is also in KC. If there closer has problems he could be the one who get's first crack at the job. Although Herrera will eventually get the job. I expect Collins to be setting up for Herrera for a long time. They both have electric stuff. Collins is only 5 7 I believe but has a heavy fastball with tonnes of movement.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Yes, I fully expect him to break camp as the setup guy but keep an eye on Tim Collins who is also in KC. If there closer has problems he could be the one who get's first crack at the job. Although Herrera will eventually get the job. I expect Collins to be setting up for Herrera for a long time. They both have electric stuff. Collins is only 5 7 I believe but has a heavy fastball with tonnes of movement.
    Great points, Greg Holland is not exactly secure as the closer with those two behind him. Not to mention Aaron Crow as well.

Dobber Sports Initiate

some other pitchers i have been following;

rosenthal. with motte and his elbow, and boggs w control issues, rosenthal could emerge in the cardinal's pen. also in the card's system, wacha, a starter, though could be pressed into late inning work if required.

olmsted. neither ax nor henderson have a comfortable grasp of the strike zone. olmsted is a wildcard in this pen.

storen. i strange name to be listing, but worth rostering simply because soriano presents such a high injury risk.

fujikawa. i expect him to be named closer by mid-april at the latest.

albuquerque. someone has to close in detroit. he has a high k-rate, and handles lh.

anyone sorted the astro's pen? lo? still pretty murky...
    dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference

c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
    lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
    rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thank you guys, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I put a lot of work into that piece, as did Chris Martinez.