3 25.00%
  • Varlamov

9 75.00%

Thread: Russian Roulette

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Russian Roulette

I get Varlamov

I give up Bryzgalov

Two Russians- I'm thinking about trading Bryz for the younger goalie.

Neither of their stats are great this year, but both of their teams are struggling. Who would you rather have and why?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone? I'll give rep!
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Varly. He's more of an "elite goalie" in my opinion. The Avs have a great core of forwards and if they make a move for two or even one D-men to help out, watch out. I think a coaching change might be in order as well which could help out the team D system significantly.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

The funny thing is, Bryz hasn't been nearly as bad as the numbers suggest. The Flyers' d has been constantly decimated in front of him and it's pretty much been a revolving door where that is concerned. Not to mention that the team as a whole has been playing like a-hole all year. Let's just say the Flyers' record this year isn't because of Bryzgalov.

The other funny thing though, is Varlamov plays for an equally inconsistent squad that has essentially had the same revolving door where defense is concerned. Not to mention he has to put up with moron Ryan O'Byrne taking dumbass penalties and putting the opposing team on the PP. But he has been much better, from a skill, effort, and numbers standpoint.

Bryzgalov could very well become the scapegoat for the Flyers after this disappointing season.

I'd take Varlamov as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

At some point we just have to accept that Bryzgalov can't be a consistent goalie in Philadelphia. He has some stretches where he's amazing, and will then undo it all with a some extremely terrible games mixed in. I don't know what he could do to get me to trust him. And I own him in my only keeper league... thank god it's also my only H2H league so that his suckitude doesn't drag down my entire season, but rather random weeks throughout it. In fact he was fantastic in the H2H playoffs last season by only allowing more than 2 goals in a game twice after March 1st including 4 shutouts. In a roto league I don't think I could bear to own him, knowing that his stinkers are going to affect my numbers all season.

Dobber Sports Guru

I like Bryz better. It's probably more of a gut thing, but out of the two teams, Philly is the one I could see going on a 10-game winning streak. There's just too much talent there to ignore. So I prefer the goalie on the more-talented team, and that's Bryz.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid