Thread: Which group of 3 would you rather have and why?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Which group of 3 would you rather have and why?

Jamie Benn, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Carle

OR

Logan Coture, Jake Gardiner and Brayden Schenn

Keeper league points only.

Dobber Sports Initiate

In a points only I'd rather have Couture, Gardiner and Schenn. First, because Benn has more value where grit is a factor in the categories. Second, and more importantly, because good forwards will outscore good defensemen almost every time. If Couture and Benn are roughly even then it's down to who scores more points between Hamilton and Carle, and Schenn and Gardiner. Just by virtue of the fact that Schenn is a forward I would expect him to score more than Hamilton or Carle.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

I like the Benn side. I think he's a better player than Couture, although their points have been pretty equal the past three seasons. I think benn's ceiling is much higher.

Plus Hamilton is the best dman of the group. So that's two match ups the Benn side wins.

And I'm not a big fan of schenn in this type of pool. Not sure why, but my gut says he won't be that great a player points-wise. I think he'll be a 50-point guy who will have a couple of 60-point seasons spread out here and there. But Schenn isn't enough to outweigh the Benn/Hamilton side.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you count the point totals of the groups, obviously the side with two forwards will produce more, but I'm assuming the team receiving two D has a reason for that. Schenn has upside of a 70 pt forward with 100 hits. Realistically will hover around 60. Couture has good upside as well but SJ is too crowded up front for him to break 80 anytime soon. Benn has the highest upside, and is most likely to hit it in my opinion. Carle is pretty crappy, but Hamilton is the best D in the deal. Benn's side has the best forward and D, I'd go with that.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TYBO View Post
    Jamie Benn, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Carle

OR

Logan Coture, Jake Gardiner and Brayden Schenn

Keeper league points only.
    Benn>/=Couture
    Hamilton>Gardiner
    Carle<Schenn

I'd take the Gardiner/Schenn/Couture side because that side getting the extra forward. Its awfully close, but for me trading a D for a young stud forward is what seals the deal here.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."