Thread: Hard decision - what to do with Schneider

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Hard decision - what to do with Schneider

Seriously need input here. Here's what you need to know (league details in sig).

1. Got great value when drafted Schneider at $7 (King=$30, Quick=$28, etc). Can keep Schneider next year for $9 total (again great value) and $11 in year 3, etc. Short story, he's a great keeper.

2. I'm looking like a lock for this week's matchup which will give me a record of 6-2 with 3 weeks left. By my calculations if you go 7-4 you're locked in the playoffs (top 4 of 10 get in). So i'm looking pretty good and feel I have legit chance to win.

3. Schneider is killing me this year! I have Holtby who's become my #1 starter. Using the schedule calculator I figure ou that if WAS plays him every game and VAN plays Schneider every game that doesn't conflict with WAS's games...Schneider would give me 8 extra starts. Lets splits those and he's basically going to give me 4-5 starts.

4. I have the option to drop him and pick up one of Hiller, Kipper or Dubnyk. All of which would give me 12+ extra starts on top of Holtby's remaining starts.

So question is clear. Is one of those G (Hiller, Kipper, Dubby) at stay 10 starts better Schneider at 4-5 starts BUT I lose Schneider as a good value keeper going forward.

Thanks
    Last edited by kenzle1r; March 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Guru

I would keep Schneider. The other goalies either split starts as well, and won't post up good numbers. I'd rather the guy who will play four games well than the guy who will play eight games and get bad numbers.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid