Thread: Price Trade?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Price Trade?

Ok so I was offered Quick & a 1st for my Price. His first will likely be a top 2 pick. This league though we only keep 5, and is a 14 team H2H. I guess my real question is do you guys see Quick returning to form here soon? I don't watch many LA games and have no clue why he is so bad right now. Not sure I want to move Price at any cost to be honest, but worth asking I think. Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Price and Quick are both elite goalies that warrant a keeper spot. To be honest I'm not sure who I would decide is better, although I might actually pick Quick. He isn't stellar but he is playing pretty well for a cup hangover. Not to mention Mackinnon, Jones, or Drouin might also be worth a keeper spot depending on your team. You might be hesitant to give up Price but in this case [based on the info you provided] I would.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wouldn't move Price for Quick in a month of Sundays.

Dobber Sports Guru

Top two pick? I'd be very tempted. I like Price a lot more, but in a 14-team, keep five, that first rounder will be a very good player.

Who do you project to be dropped? Figure out the best few players from that list, and add them to the trade in place of the first pick. So, for example, if it's Bobby Ryan, then you probably have to do that deal, as it would be quick and Ryan for Price.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelphia View Post
    Price and Quick are both elite goalies that warrant a keeper spot. To be honest I'm not sure who I would decide is better, although I might actually pick Quick. He isn't stellar but he is playing pretty well for a cup hangover. Not to mention Mackinnon, Jones, or Drouin might also be worth a keeper spot depending on your team. You might be hesitant to give up Price but in this case [based on the info you provided] I would.
    As of now my keepers are Price, Lundy, Crosby, and then I need to pick 2 from Nash, Letang, and Subban. If I was to take this deal I would for sure keep Quick and maybe just draft who I have to drop. His pick right now would be number 3 for next season, but he is fading pretty fast and could easily become the top pick in the draft. The only thing that bothers me on Quick is that dreadful sv %. I know his norm is way higher so hoping like you said if I do this it's just the cup hangover.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Top two pick? I'd be very tempted. I like Price a lot more, but in a 14-team, keep five, that first rounder will be a very good player.

Who do you project to be dropped? Figure out the best few players from that list, and add them to the trade in place of the first pick. So, for example, if it's Bobby Ryan, then you probably have to do that deal, as it would be quick and Ryan for Price.

Ryan will be kept the guys team isnt very deep. Players who will be dropped though.
    ~Pietrangelo
    ~Nash(more than likely by me)
    ~Pavelec
    ~Yandle
    ~Yak
    ~Max Pac
    ~D.Sedin

That's a few I know for sure, in this league D is weighed fairly heavy if you have an elite D-Man. Example would be Yandle has 68.6 points compared to Sedin's 52.8.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KrayJack View Post
    Ryan will be kept the guys team isnt very deep. Players who will be dropped though.
    ~Pietrangelo
    ~Nash(more than likely by me)
    ~Pavelec
    ~Yandle
    ~Yak
    ~Max Pac
    ~D.Sedin

That's a few I know for sure, in this league D is weighed fairly heavy if you have an elite D-Man. Example would be Yandle has 68.6 points compared to Sedin's 52.8.
    So yeah, if you wanted Sedin, the trade works out to sedin and quick for Price. I don't think you can say no.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Novice

Appreciate the help. I may have to just pull the trigger, but see if I can't wiggle a little more out of him first.

Side note the points on these players are currently

Price 94.6 and Quick 57.5

Goalies get 4 per w, .7 per save, -1 per loss, extra 2 if they get the SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    So yeah, if you wanted Sedin, the trade works out to sedin and quick for Price. I don't think you can say no.
    you have to be careful with this line of thought

his number of keepers doesnt change so he gets sedin for one season not forever so classifying the trade as sedin and quick for price is not completely correct

if you view the goalies as identical this is a good deal for next year but you do take a hit for the rest of this year to get it

also having the better goalie this season his slide might stop and he could level off or gain a spot or two making the pick worse than you are estimating

it all comes down to whether or not quick and price are viewed as equal

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    you have to be careful with this line of thought

his number of keepers doesnt change so he gets sedin for one season not forever so classifying the trade as sedin and quick for price is not completely correct
    That's a good point. On the flip side, for a second overall pick, there's a better chance of getting someone who is a a keeper for you next year.

Dobber Sports Novice

Update I did the deal, but I ended up getting both his 1st and 2nd along with Bernier. Here's to hoping Quick returns to form! I'll miss price for sure