Thread: Crosby for Benn/Neal...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Crosby for Benn/Neal...

Team in signature....

I was offered Crosby,Peverly and Hejduk
    For my Benn, Neal and Holtby

Can I afford to lose the depth in a keep 20? No backup goalies on ww, only ahl scrubs.

FHG scores this year Crosby 214, Neal 171, Benn 53, Holtby 70

Looks like too rich a deal for this league right?
    20 team H2H keeper, 25 players - Keep 20 - 2016 Champion! 2017 Champion!!
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW, BL, GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 start min)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Malkin, O'Reilly, Backstrom, Thornton, Zetterberg, Reilly Nash,
    W- Start 8 - Forsberg, Ovechkin, Arvidsson, Toffoli, Marleau, Silferberg, Rattie, Wood, Gersich, Leipsic,
    D- Start 6 - Burns, Shattenkirk, Josi, Ellis, Phaneuf,Nemeth, Pioknk
    G- Start 2 - Dubnyk, Grubauer, M.Smith , Niemi,

Dobber Sports Wizard

it is a good deal but you will not have a solid starting goalie for a couple of years not that you have one now

with that being the case i would try to get something other than peverly and hejduk back

but if you cant take it as is

Dobber Sports All-Star

Dude, you don't have a goalie anymore. Your league starts 2 goalies every week and goalie cats make up a 1/3 of your total scoring with those 2 guys.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Normally I'd say take the deal because Crosby is the best player in the league and thats relatively low cost to get him. But when it completely buggers up your goaltending position I just dont think its worth it. If he has someone like Nabokov or Lindback whos a starting goalie but not the greatest then I'd see if you can get a G back in the deal

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hs goalies are emery, lindback, lack and Picard. I was thinking of countering with lindback instead of Peverley and hejduk...
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW, BL, GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 start min)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Malkin, O'Reilly, Backstrom, Thornton, Zetterberg, Reilly Nash,
    W- Start 8 - Forsberg, Ovechkin, Arvidsson, Toffoli, Marleau, Silferberg, Rattie, Wood, Gersich, Leipsic,

Dobber Sports Wizard

he isnt going to have any interest in sending you a starting goalie back but you can try

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You have a very young team all around, I don't see this trade doing much for you in terms of improving your overall position and he's pretty soft on goalies himself so I cant see him adding in Lindback. I wouldn't bother with this trade.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Another manager has sent me a completely separate trade of miller and hurdler for baertschi and Lehner...

Does this change anything if the full swap is

Give : Benn, Neal baertschi, holtby, Lehner

Get Crosby and miller

Miller is a little old for my team... But I'd have two starters again for next year...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would consider the two trades if I thought I could compete next year, if not I would probably stand pat.
    20 team H2H keeper, 25 players
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 starts per week to qualify)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Kopitar, Malkin, Hayes, backlund
    W- Start 8 - Kaprizov, Ovechkin, , seguin (c/w), Toffoli, Pavelski (c/w), Schenn(c/w), Compher, Saad, palat, Danforth
    D- Start 6 Josi, Nurse, Trouba, burns, McCabb, Faulk, walman, Larson
    G- Start 2 - hellebuyck, vasilevsky, Grubauer, A Hill

Dobber Sports Sage

I would make the 2 deals if it was me...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would consider that combination of trades. Miller is a good buy low right now and given the value of goalies in your league at worst you flip him in a year's time for an established goalie.

Lehner is a wildcard here and his long term value could be the same or better than Miller's but he isnt established yet. And you can get Crosby if you do the deal.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Anyone else? I'm close to playoffs this year, but not going to make it in. I could also wait out the summer to see how Ott goalie situation ends up. The miller for Lehner trade will probably be on the table until then if I don't take it now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd say take the deal. You aren't competing this year and you've got a really young team. You've got Lehner, Neuvirth, Holtby, Markstrom, and Poulin. It's likely that some of these guys are going to become legit goalies within 2 years. Beyond that, Markstrom and Lehner are widely considered the two best G prospects in the game. Further, G situations change quickly and dramatically. Lindback became a starter overnight with a trade. Bobrovsky went from dud to stud in 15 games. Crosby's don't grow on trees.

Figure out your goalie situation later, particularly since you aren't yet competitive.

Also, not sure I'd trade Lehner for Miller in your shows. Though the value is on the Miller side, Buffalo is a mess.