Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouba or Morgan Rielly? (REP)

Dobber Sports Stud

Where would Rielly fit into Toronto's lineup?

Phaneuf - Kostka
    Gunnarsson- Liles
    Franson- Holzer

Let's not also forget Gardiner- he'll probably fit somewhere in here, and likely get precedence over Rielly (at least initially) due to his age.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Where would Rielly fit into Toronto's lineup?

Phaneuf - Kostka
    Gunnarsson- Liles
    Franson- Holzer

Let's not also forget Gardiner- he'll probably fit somewhere in here, and likely get precedence over Rielly (at least initially) due to his age.
    A lot of Leaf fans are hoping Liles is traded or bought out using one of the amnesty buyouts the new CBA allows. Barring that hopefully Carlyle smartens up and realizes that Kostka/Holzer are not much more than last pairing/7th guys. They are completely out of their element playing with Phaneuf on the top line and it's resulting in a lot of goals against lately. Anyway you slice it though, something has to give on the Leafs backend. Gardiner/Rielly's potential is too high to lock spots up with Liles/Holzer/Kostka on the team.

The future of the powerplay is likely pairing Gardiner with Phaneuf and Rielly with Franson (putting the less experienced dman with the RH shot). Puts two triggermen with two distributors.

Now onto the question, Rielly or Trouba? I honestly don't know. Going into the draft Trouba, he had scouts saying he had offensive upside but no one was sure how high or if he could put it all together. Fast forward almost a year with a WJC under his belt and he's starting to show that potential. Trouba had a very good NCAA season for a rookie and an impressive WJC. He led all U20 dman in points. He's also got the size to play in the NHL.

I suspect he'll play at least another year in the NCAA. Let him develop his offense more. No use rushing him.

I'd still take Rielly for his upside, but I'm a huge Trouba fan so its not a easy choice (I'm a Leafs fan if you want to take bias into account)
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Rielly. He will make the jump next year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a leaf fan and Reilly is now my favorite prospect in hockey but if I had to choose I take Truba in a Multi cat league. As others have mentioned I think Truba's offensive ability is very much under rated and if he keeps that close he will dominate the other cat's
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.