Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sharp for J. Staal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sharp for J. Staal

I have a proposition to trade my Sharp for J. Staal. Sharp have far away better seasons, but is also older... So I want some opinion about who do you chose in Points only and in this league (G, A, +/-).

Thank you!

Dobber Sports Ace

if focusing on next 1-2 seasons i go Sharp
    if 3 years out, Staal

but its close. CHI better team so +/- to Sharp, but CAR is improving. PTS are actually pretty close now.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Humm... but J. Staal never had more than 50 pts and have been often hurt.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd take Sharp hands down. I'm a big Patrick Sharp fan though, so maybe I'm biased.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

id say sharp only cuz he plays full seasons
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

The Wolverine

Sharp may be older but he's a late bloomer (see when he started full-time), is more proven and has several good seasons ahead of him, which makes the age comparison less relevant. I prefer him over Staal, who needs a breakout just to get to Sharp's level, IMO.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sharp all the way here for me. And I really struggle to see how it can even be a debate.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

OH GOD! Don't waste you time with J. Staal. I'd have to slap you with my flip flop if you EVER made this deal. You probably deserve a pre-emptive flop slap just for considering!

Bang your head against the desk once...enough that it stings...and then appologize to the Yahoo Profile page for Sharpe...then tuck him nicely back in on your team.

Oh man....I grow weary!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Sharp may be older but he's a late bloomer (see when he started full-time), is more proven and has several good seasons ahead of him, which makes the age comparison less relevant. I prefer him over Staal, who needs a breakout just to get to Sharp's level, IMO.
    Staal's had plenty of time to Break out...Face it...it just ain't happening. IF his name was Jordan "Smith"...rather than "Staal"...we he wouldn't get ANY exposure here...except as "THROW INS"

EDIT: Sorry man...having re-read this...I can see how you would have thought this was a statement TOWARD you...rather than what it was meant to be...A statement to the original author and public further emphasizing your point of how these guys are no where near the same level.
    Last edited by havanablast21; March 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Staal's had plenty of time to Break out...Face it...it just ain't happening. IF his name was Jordan "Smith"...rather than "Staal"...we he wouldn't get ANY exposure here...except as "THROW INS"
    Where did I say he was going to break out?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Where did I say he was going to break out?
    You didn't...just made the statement that he NEEDS TO just to reach Sharpe's level (Which I agree with)...I took it one additional step...further emphasizing your point that he's had his chance and we've yet to see a breakout (So don't expect one)...so for those guys out there still drinking the OTHER STAAL BROTHER KOOLAID...Time to move on.

Long winded way of saying "I agree with you".

Sorry...I just don't like this Staal brother. He's a Staal in name only as far as I'm concerned...and yet...he seems to get so much love on this forum.

The Wolverine

You didn't...just made the statement that he NEEDS TO just to reach Sharpe's level (Which I agree with)...I took it one additional step...further emphasizing your point that he's had his chance and we've yet to see a breakout (So don't expect one)...so for those guys out there still drinking the OTHER STAAL BROTHER KOOLAID...Time to move on.

Sorry...I just don't like this Staal brother. He's a Staal in name only as far as I'm concerned...and yet...he seems to get so much love on this forum.
    Ah ok - it's all good.

Dobber Sports Wizard

why the hate did he kick your dog or screw your girl or something

the guy is an incredibly talented hockey player and his 'lack' of production up to this point in his career (at the ripe old age of 24 all downhill from here obviously) stems from the fact that he has been used almost exclusively in defensive roles with stone hands linemates

yeah the guy doesnt have as much fantasy relevance as his brother that doesnt make him shit

your hatred of him borders on irrational

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As irrational as considering trading sharpe straight up for him?

Would consider him elite Luc?

Hey...feel free to own him... Rather him continue to do be marginal on someone else's team than mine.

But I suppose I have to give him credit...he's gone from 3rd line centre behind 2 of the best in the game to 2nd line centre. In a far more favorable offensive role. I guess he's finally showing that amazing skill this year eh? rip'n up the league now? While brother Eric lines up against the other #1 lines in the league.

Here's his breakout... Still not worthy of sharpe IMO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

not dude hating someone you dont even know is irrational

trading sharp for staal is just ill advised

who cares if staal is elite sharp certainly isnt elite neither is big brother eric imo

there is room on fantasy teams for non elite players

elite has no meaning if we are going to say 40 players are elite

and depending on the depth of the league jordan staal could be much more than marginal

also jordan staal is still playing in a defensive role he is still being matched up against the other teams top lines no its not his brother eric that is doing that not sure where you get that idea from but its just not true

just because he isnt worth trade for sharp doesnt mean you need to trash the guy like he is kyle okposo or something

a simple he isnt worth it would do

you cursed the guys lineage and shit on his front porch

thats kinda irrational