Thread: Studs & Duds - 3/14/2013

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Studs & Duds - 3/14/2013

Studs

1. Worth the Wait
    That pretty much sums up PK Subban in three words. Subban had an incredible roto statline of one goal, one assist, five shots, two hits, two blocks. plus-one, and two powerplay points. He now has 20 points in 21 games, and is averaging three shots on goal a game. He has also been a big boost to an already deadly Habs powerplay, posting 15 powerplay points.

2. The Unusual Suspects
    The line of Curtis Glencross, Matt Stajan, and Lee Stempniak did all of the damage for the Flames on Wednesday. All three were plus-three, with Glencross and Stempniak each posting a goal and an assist, while Stajan grabbed a couple of apples.

3. "Don't worry coach, I got this"
    That must have been what Robin Lehner said to Paul MacLean when he was called up, as Lehner has been spectacular for the Senators. Unfortunately for him the team has struggled to win past regulation, as his record now sits at 1-0-4 after last night's 4-3 SO loss to the Canadiens. Lehner was nothing short of spectacular though, making 42 saves on 45 shots. This is the second time he has made over 40 saves in a game, and this was the first time he has posted a save percentage below .943. There are just too many things to be said about his game log, go look for yourself.

Duds

1. Kill-ya-goalie-stats Bryzgalov
    Ok, so last night's game wasn't ALL Ilya Bryzgalov's fault as the Flyers played a pretty horrible game (what else is new), but how many times are we going to let him off the hook. He needs to make a save. Bryzgalov hasn't had a save percentage above .900 since March 2. That was almost two frigging weeks ago.

2. Jonas "Soft goals are my specialty" Gustavsson
    While Gustavsson has been known to drop a few turds in his day, he can't be blamed solely for the Red Wings' loss last night. Bottom line is the Wings flat out stunk, and Gustavsson was hung out to dry. Still, much like Bryzgalov, a save would be nice...as he allowed five goals on 22 shots in the loss.

3. His heart may be in Philly, but his head isn't
    With his second minus-three rating in five games, Danny Briere is now pointless in that span, going minus-eight overall. He saw his ice time drop to a surprising 10:34. Simon Gagne also went minus-three.

Quick Hits

Scott Hartnell had a great roto statline, posting a goal and an assist, eight penalty minutes, three blocks, five hits, and a shot on goal. Jakub Voracek put up a goal and an assist giving him 31 points in 28 games.

Sergei Gonchar has looked like the Gonchar of old lately, as he is riding a five game point streak where he has six assists and three powerplay points over that span.

Johan Hedberg has finally strung a couple of good games together, posting 23 saves on 25 shots for the win.

Ilya Kovalchuk is proving to be a deadly penalty killer, after scoring his fourth short-handed goal of the season. He now has 10 goals and 14 assists in 27 games.

Mikael Backlund has two points in three games since returning from injury

Val Filppula finally did something.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I am now refusing NOT to use Bryz for some sick, sadomasochistic reason. I don't care if he lets in a million goals, he's going to play because.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I am now refusing NOT to use Bryz for some sick, sadomasochistic reason. I don't care if he lets in a million goals, he's going to play because.
    I'm at the same stage as you man. I didn't even realize how garbage he's been over the last two weeks until I took a look at his game log. Plus the way Quick has been playing lately it's not like I have anything to lose by playing Bryz-goal-lots (credit to Eric for that one).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great write up, bondon!

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Appreciate the update in the age of no cable... I could cry because I hardly see games.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Appreciate the update in the age of no cable... I could cry because I hardly see games.
    Aren't you a Sharks fan? I think you should appreciate not seeing games right now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Great post. Although I thought Lars Eller should have been a stud.

One goal, plus one, seven shots, one blocked shot, one hit, nine of 16 in the face off circle, two takeaways, no giveaways. And even though most leagues don't count them, the shootout winner.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good wrte up Bondon! You just reminded me of why I traded Bryz in my league.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury