Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ovechkin for Backes?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Ovechkin for Backes?

I'm considering floating this out there to the guy in second. I need another RW and have an abundance of centers.

They are both averaging 6.2 ppg. I feel like Ovechkin has more upside..Am I right?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CarbombCarcillo View Post
    They are both averaging 6.2 ppg. I feel like Ovechkin has more upside..Am I right?
    Id have to say so. He was on fire down the stretch last year so Im hoping he can find that scoring power again. The Caps sure need it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Worth a shot. I'd never do it if I were the other guy but maybe Backes fits his needs?

Dobber Sports Expert

Float that offer by the other GM. I doubt he'll bite, but I'd take OV in a heartbeat down the stretch.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm considering floating this out there to the guy in second. I need another RW and have an abundance of centers.

to be honest i dont think that gets it done

thinking about it from his perspective ovechkin really cant get much worse so trading him to you isnt likely to harm you and help him

however if he gets better that allows you to widen your gap while keeping him means he closes the gap instead

i just dont see any reason why the other guy would be interested in doing this

Dobber Sports Stud

He needs more hits, I need more scoring. I'm in first by a game and he's in second. He beat me on Duchene's gwg yesterday. I realized I need more scoring.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    to be honest i dont think that gets it done

thinking about it from his perspective ovechkin really cant get much worse so trading him to you isnt likely to harm you and help him

however if he gets better that allows you to widen your gap while keeping him means he closes the gap instead

i just dont see any reason why the other guy would be interested in doing this
    Because in my league Backes is valuable with hits, etc.

He beat me on Duchene's gwg yesterday. I realized I need more scoring.
    GWG is the worst stat in fantasy sports. I wouldn't go assuming that you need more scoring because you lose a crap stat like that.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have a huge lead in hits and blocked shots, etc. I'm willing to give up that for some offensive potential.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Because in my league Backes is valuable with hits, etc.
    i am not suggesting he isnt valuable i understand completely his value you spelled it out he is putting up the same average points as ovechkin

the point i am making is there is no upside to backes while there is to ovechkin so why would he trade a guy who has a floor of 6.2 points per game for a guy who likely doesnt have a ceiling any higher than 6.2 points per game

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i am not suggesting he isnt valuable i understand completely his value you spelled it out he is putting up the same average points as ovechkin

the point i am making is there is no upside to backes while there is to ovechkin so why would he trade a guy who has a floor of 6.2 points per game for a guy who likely doesnt have a ceiling any higher than 6.2 points per game
    Yeah this is exactly why I'd never do it if was the other guy. But it's worth a shot, like I said

Dobber Sports Stud

He might do it because he's tired of Ovechkin. He's sick of him not scoring like he did in the past. I think he'd take it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

He might do it because he's tired of Ovechkin. He's sick of him not scoring like he did in the past. I think he'd take it.
    if you think he will take it try it

i dont understand how you can be sick of a player in a 1 year league after about 25 or so games but hey it takes all kinds

Dobber Sports Stud

The offer is out there. He joked that he'd trade him to me at the beginning of the season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The offer is out there. He joked that he'd trade him to me at the beginning of the season.
    why did he draft him