Thread: Acquiring Iggy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Acquiring Iggy

I have a chance of getting Jarome Iginla for a 4th round draft pick in my league. Last year, Voracek, Weber, and Vanek were a few of the players to be taken in the 4th round (just trying to illustrate the value of the pick). I would only be trading for Jarome for this year and in the hopes that he is dealt to Pittsburgh or Boston. Do you think this risk is worth taking? Thanks in advance.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well the risk depends on the potential reward.

If Iginla continues at his current pace, which is pretty solid, will he put you over the top to win this year?

Or are you hoping that he gets to Pittsburgh or Boston and suddenly starts scoring 3 points a night every night and that will get you the W?

If you're very close to the top of the league or you are already there and are defending your position this is a move that I'd easily make. You've already lost some depth in Malkin for a couple of weeks and Iginla does well in this format. He would end up displacing Steen on your list which is a solid upgrade in my books.

My two cents for whatever it's worth.

Dobber Sports Stud

Where do you sit in the standings? Do you feel like your team can possibly win without Iginla? How helpful would Iginla be to your team? If you feel like Iginla is the missing piece to help you get that win, then by all means go for it. If you are still gambling that Iginla gets traded and produces at a level even greater then what he's currently going at, then it's probably a no go.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    Where do you sit in the standings? Do you feel like your team can possibly win without Iginla? How helpful would Iginla be to your team? If you feel like Iginla is the missing piece to help you get that win, then by all means go for it. If you are still gambling that Iginla gets traded and produces at a level even greater then what he's currently going at, then it's probably a no go.
    Agree with this as the reasoning if you should make the trade. Also should be noted that Iginla is notorious for being a strong finisher so the second half of the season should be at a point/game pace