Thread: Quick.. what's up?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Quick.. what's up?

Anyone have any insight into the Quick situation? His numbers are terrible. He is on a team that is very defensive minded. Every time Bernier steps in he dominates. So you have to think its Quick and not LA.

Cup hangover? Surgery/off season had an influence... Lingering effects? I guess I could believe that -- but come on, they are 24 games in now.

I do own Crawford -- and I'm wondering if this is the time to use Crawford+ for Quick?
    I'm having a hard time with this idea b/c Quick is 24 games in and still struggling ...and also I can see Chicago being very good for quite a few years (young solid core)-- so maybe I should just keep Crawford?

Thoughts? Goalies are heavily weighted in my league.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    12 Team keeper Rotisserie league
    16 players per team (Keep 8)
    Daily starts: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G (no min/max games)
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, HITS, PPG, PPA, SOG, BLKS, Wins, GAA, SV%, SO

Forwards: J. Benn, E. Kane, E. Staal, N. MacKinnon, Hartnell, R. Johansen, Brouwer
    Defense: OEL, A. Pietrangelo, Streit, Gudas, Green, Giordano
    Goalies: Rinne, Crawford

Keepers in bold

Dobber Sports Ace

Hard to say. It seems lately that goaltending is one of the least predictable positions from one season to the next. Rinne and Lundqvist are really the only sure things, and Price and Rask are starting to be. I think Quick will bounce back, but there's certainly an outside chance he never gets back to his previous career highs.

Dealing Crawford for quick could be a risk, as with any sell-high/buy-low situation you're risking the player you think you're selling high stays high, while the player you think you're buying low stays low.

Personally I would try to get it done, though you'll likely find the Quick owner isn't even remotely interested in moving Quick after being this patient for this long. You might have an easier time selling him Bernier for one of his other goaltenders.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would take Quick over Crawford in a heartbeat.

He's been struggling for sure, but so have many other goalies during this shortened season. Quick has proven over the past 3 seasons that he's elite. Crawford has never been and will never be elite.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Again, now is the PERFECT time to target Quick and use Crawford as bait.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Beareo View Post
    Anyone have any insight into the Quick situation? His numbers are terrible. He is on a team that is very defensive minded. Every time Bernier steps in he dominates. So you have to think its Quick and not LA.

Cup hangover? Surgery/off season had an influence... Lingering effects? I guess I could believe that -- but come on, they are 24 games in now.

I do own Crawford -- and I'm wondering if this is the time to use Crawford+ for Quick?
    I'm having a hard time with this idea b/c Quick is 24 games in and still struggling ...and also I can see Chicago being very good for quite a few years (young solid core)-- so maybe I should just keep Crawford?

Thoughts? Goalies are heavily weighted in my league.
    I would offer Crawford and Skinner for Quick if you acquire Quick you need to open a Keeper spot and it would most likely be Skinner so throw him in the deal see of he bites.

Dobber Sports Novice

Crawford+ is a good offer, & it will take a good/great offer to nab Quick. If I had a thought, the reason you notice Quicks numbers is because your a Rinne owner. WIth them constantly in the top-5/top-10 conversations, it's hard to ignore. You'd never move Peks. SO to get a Quick, it should take a lot. I had to trade 5 top-24 [(2) 1st(s) & (3) 2nds) picks in next years draft & Holtby to grab Quick. I'd do it again tomorrow. Skinner + Crawford seems steep, but yea, it might be steep. Skinner would be nice to have going forward, so I'd offer Ott, Malone (who might be a nice sell now that he's back from injury) & Voracek first. Jakub has been on fire this year, but you have to think it's a fluke. Giroux really has to put himself out there to play at the level he does, so I hope he avoids injury, but I'd take Skinner over the 3 guys I mentioned. Edler & Goligoski I think are worth having around, so maybe you bulk up his D with an offer. If you can get Quick for just players, no picks, & be able to retain him, you're doing awesome!! I love trading for marquee guys, it's invigorating to get one!! Quick is pretty much a top 10 overall value player, if you're in a 10+ team league...that's pretty important.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quick's a huge buylow right now. His issues are probably related to the off-season surgery he had, and are temporary, he is elite. Almost a guarantee Bernier (not Quick) will be traded in the off-season so Quick will be with an elite team (and an improving one, at that) long term.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by joeygmoney View Post
    I would offer Crawford and Skinner for Quick if you acquire Quick you need to open a Keeper spot and it would most likely be Skinner so throw him in the deal see of he bites.
    You are right -- I can only keep 8 so I might as well toss in one of my keepers. I was thinking Skinner as well.
    My other option is that the guy that owns Rask has a huge man crush on Skinner -- So a Skinner/Crawford for Rask MAY work too.
    I'm thinking Rask may be the better option b/c he'd be great this year and next, whereas I may have to wait until next year for Quick to bounce back. Also, I'm winning my league right now, and i'd like to keep it that way. =)

Unless anyone thinks I should go hard for Quick instead of Rask?
    Really liking the input! thanks everyone.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    12 Team keeper Rotisserie league
    16 players per team (Keep 8)
    Daily starts: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G (no min/max games)
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, HITS, PPG, PPA, SOG, BLKS, Wins, GAA, SV%, SO

Forwards: J. Benn, E. Kane, E. Staal, N. MacKinnon, Hartnell, R. Johansen, Brouwer
    Defense: OEL, A. Pietrangelo, Streit, Gudas, Green, Giordano
    Goalies: Rinne, Crawford

Keepers in bold

Dobber Sports Novice

When in doubt, follow the money. Rask doesn't have his yet. Some rumors say that BOS is actually higher on Anton in the long run. Depends on which report you read I guess. I'd say Quick is worth acquiring right now. Not that Rask isn't, it's just a lot easier to trust the guys making 50 million dollars. Quick is a spe******t. Read some of the old reports on him & read about his training habits. He's manic. He will recover & when he does the #1 job in LA is his. LA doesn't need to trade Bernier. They LIKE having 2 goalies that can win games. If Bernier wants a shot, he plays. If he starts getting chippy or demands a trade/refuses to play, LA still owns his rights. LA isn't in some "stuck" position. They are very fortunate in having 2 goalies that appear capable of leading a team.