Thread: Steve Oleksy

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Steve Oleksy

A nice story! ECHL journeyman defenseman whom is 27 years old and never scored more then 10 points in his college career, has never shown any real offensive ability now has a goal and 3 assists in just his 4th NHL game. Making the most of his the most of his opportunity I would say. Holds 0 value fantasy wise but good on him all the same. Made me look him up.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

He could have roto league value. I don't think the offensive numbers can be sustained but he could be one of those players who thrive in the NHL around better talent. There is definitely a spot for 10-20 point dmen that get a lot of PIM, hits and blocks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya thanks eric I meant to say no pts only value. He has put up alot of PIMS.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Magnificent One

yeah i was wondering also. i dont have PIMs, hits or blks in my league but i had a free spot on my farm team so i added him. could just be washington but ill stash him and see. also the lack of active dmen who knows.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

Yeah in points-only there are probably a couple dozen players available who have an actual offensive game.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Caught a bt of the game and heard "It's 1-1 at the first intermission with a goal by Oleksey" and I was thinking... "Alexei who?" haha

Dobber Sports Expert

I know Green being out has opened up some spots on D, but it seems that while this guy is doing some scoring from my research he hasn't even stepped on the PP yet. They seem to also be limiting his time a bit on regular play. Tomas Kundratek seems to be benefitting quite nicely though with about 20+ minutes a game and even slotting in on the pp. Which one of these guys has higher upside? I've never heard of either of them until this year.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    I know Green being out has opened up some spots on D, but it seems that while this guy is doing some scoring from my research he hasn't even stepped on the PP yet. They seem to also be limiting his time a bit on regular play. Tomas Kundratek seems to be benefitting quite nicely though with about 20+ minutes a game and even slotting in on the pp. Which one of these guys has higher upside? I've never heard of either of them until this year.
    I would say Kundratek has way more upside as an offensive player.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Ya thanks eric I meant to say no pts only value. He has put up alot of PIMS.
    .......and hits and blocks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I thought it might be useful to revisit Oleksy after he's played a few more games and look at his stats (I grabbed him in my roto league a couple of weeks ago and have been following him closely).

12GP: 1G, 5A, +4, 20PIM, 31Hits, 25BS

Prorated over 82 (yeah, BIG question mark whether the pace is sustainable but still interesting to see. He is getting lots of playing time still.)

7G, 34A, +27, 137PIM, 212Hits, 171BS

Multi-cat beasty numbers, aren't they? VERY unlikely he'll produce such offensive numbers over 82 games but you gotta think he's worth taking a flier for the peripherals alone.

Oh and for those in salary cap leagues, he's dirt cheap for this and next 2 years.
    Last edited by VincentVega; March 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I thought it might be useful to revisit Oleksy after he's played a few more games and look at his stats (I grabbed him in my roto league a couple of weeks ago and have been following him closely).

12GP: 1G, 5A, +4, 20PIM, 31Hits, 25BS

Prorated over 82 (yeah, BIG question mark whether the pace is sustainable but still interesting to see. He is getting lots of playing time still.)

7G, 34A, +27, 137PIM, 212Hits, 171BS

Multi-cat beasty numbers, aren't they? VERY unlikely he'll produce such offensive numbers over 82 games but you gotta think he's worth taking a flier for the peripherals alone.

Oh and for those in salary cap leagues, he's dirt cheap for this and next 2 years.
    Great post Vega. He seems to be definitely worth apick up in roto leagues. I still don't see him continueing to put up points but the periferals should stay nice and Washinton had benn much improved since his arrival so he should stick around.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; March 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun