Thread: Lundqvist vs. Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Lundqvist vs. Rask

Who would you take in a keeper league? I know Lundqvist is the current gold standard given his consistency and high level of play, but all signs point to Rask being on the cusp of superstardom. Any which way I look at it, Rask seems to be in line to put up better numbers than Lundqvist moving forward. Thoughts?

- signed, a Henrik Lundqvist owner
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i started out the season with Lundqvist and I was very dissapppointed. I have traded my way into obtaining Tukka Rask and he is rock solid. Very happy with Rask and he is going to be my keeper for years to come.

Persoanlly I prefer Rask but if you have Lundqvist it's hard not to keep him. Try to trade him for a 1st round drafted type player and then keep Rask.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by cmambro View Post
    i started out the season with Lundqvist and I was very dissapppointed. I have traded my way into obtaining Tukka Rask and he is rock solid. Very happy with Rask and he is going to be my keeper for years to come.

Persoanlly I prefer Rask but if you have Lundqvist it's hard not to keep him. Try to trade him for a 1st round drafted type player and then keep Rask.
    I don't have Rask, but am contemplating a big trade that would include swapping Hank for Rask. And, it's not that I don't think Hank will be fantastic for the next 3+ years. I just get the feeling that Rask will be head and shoulders above everyone else.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would still rather have Lundqvist. It's hard to find a consistent goalie like him.

Rask may or may not be similar. I'd rather hang onto what I know I've got though. Lundqvist's numbers this year have also been steadily improving, I think he'll have better numbers all around other than maybe Ws at the end of the season over Rask.

Dobber Sports Wizard

as i posted in another thread lundqvist is lundqvist because he has been lundqvist for 7 seasons now

could rask become lundqvist

i will get back to you in 7 years

and i dont understand where this idea that rask is going to put up better numbers than lundqvist going forward comes from

the guy has yet to be a starter in an 82 game season and people are already getting him ready for the hall of fame

thats not to say he doesnt have tremendous upside but he has a long way to go to prove it

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    as i posted in another thread lundqvist is lundqvist because he has been lundqvist for 7 seasons now

and i dont understand where this idea that rask is going to put up better numbers than lundqvist going forward comes from

the guy has yet to be a starter in an 82 game season and people are already getting him ready for the hall of fame

thats not to say he doesnt have tremendous upside but he has a long way to go to prove it
    See comments in other thread.

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post

Punctuation anyone?