Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wow - SJ at the bottom of the barrel

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's a reason why you don't sell low and buy high.

How many people traded for Patrick Marleau and gave up a king's ransom to do it...and then proceeded to watch him do nothing for the next month and a half.

Not saying that there is something wrong with acquiring a player like Marleau, but as with most things, timing is everything. If you make impulsive decisions on a whim you're bound to regret it in the long run....and I'll tell you what, people that went out and actively acquired guys like Marleau/Couture/Pavelski and got them at a discounted price over the past month or so are going to be smiling by the end of the year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

It actually seemed like Marleau scored his 10th goal 5 months ago. He has been invisible lately.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

How many people traded for Patrick Marleau and gave up a king's ransom to do it...and then proceeded to watch him do nothing for the next month and a half.

Not saying that there is something wrong with acquiring a player like Marleau, but as with most things, timing is everything. If you make impulsive decisions on a whim you're bound to regret it in the long run....and I'll tell you what, people that went out and actively acquired guys like Marleau/Couture/Pavelski and got them at a discounted price over the past month or so are going to be smiling by the end of the year.
    Likewise for those who own any slumping Sharks with a history of being productive, sit tight. It'll turn around.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Marwin View Post
    Sharks never wins the bidding wars for FAs young or old so that SoCal is some kind of retirement paradise for NHL players aint exactly true, who/wich players are you thinking about?
    The Sharks don't spend in FA. DW loathes overspending, which I agree with, but some talent should have been sought after. The fact that Adam Burish was the first guy they called this last off-season (and this was documented) is pathetic.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    The Sharks don't spend in FA. DW loathes overspending, which I agree with, but some talent should have been sought after. The fact that Adam Burish was the first guy they called this last off-season (and this was documented) is pathetic.
    Yeah I think the biggest name FA we've signed lately was Nittymaki, which isn't saying much... Then we signed an offer sheet for Nemo anyway
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

I have a theory that in this shortened season, this may not hold true. Anyone who tends to go into long dry spells (or already has, like most of the Sharks), may not have time to make up the lost points by the end of the season

what you are saying is absolutely true in a normal season, but in this shortened season, especially if you are in one-year leagues, you can't always afford to be patient.

Heck, this is the last week of the regular season in one of my leagues. The playoffs start next week and if you lose in the first week, you are done, so I wouldn't want to have any Sharks right now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I have a theory that in this shortened season, this may not hold true. Anyone who tends to go into long dry spells (or already has, like most of the Sharks), may not have time to make up the lost points by the end of the season

what you are saying is absolutely true in a normal season, but in this shortened season, especially if you are in one-year leagues, you can't always afford to be patient.

Heck, this is the last week of the regular season in one of my leagues. The playoffs start next week and if you lose in the first week, you are done, so I wouldn't want to have any Sharks right now.
    Wow you're already in your last week of the regular season? My main league still has 3 more weeks after this one of regular season play before the playoffs.

Even in your league though, if the price is right I'd definitely be going after them. Looking at the upcoming schedule for the Sharks, it looks really good.

Next week they play three games, with two of them on off-nights (Monday-Wednesday)

Then the following week they play 4 games with two of them on the off-nights again (Monday-Wednesday)

If you can survive up to that point, the Sharks have an INCREDIBLE schedule the week of April 1-7. 4 games, on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun, all four games at home.

In roto leagues too, I'd be going after these guys hard.