Thread: Need goalie, is this trade worth it?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need goalie, is this trade worth it?

I give Mike Smith, P. Bergeron and Elias for his Crawford, Stepan and Heatley.

My team is in signature. I'm tough to trade with because I usually don't see benefit in the trades offered. Am I getting enough back for Bergeron and Elias and Smith though? A lot of teams aren't trading top goaltenders so this guy is willing to (he has Emery still, and other good goalies), so he prob knows I'm really trying for something.

I don't mind giving up Elias, but Bergeron helps my +/- and I feel like that takes a BIG hit in this trade. I want to offer up Thornton or some combo of players, and think trading Smith makes sense... I'm just not sure.

Any insight?

all info in my sig. he's the #2 team in the league, I'm now 6th.
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bru-Tang Clan View Post
    I give Mike Smith, P. Bergeron and Elias for his Crawford, Stepan and Heatley.

My team is in signature. I'm tough to trade with because I usually don't see benefit in the trades offered. Am I getting enough back for Bergeron and Elias and Smith though? A lot of teams aren't trading top goaltenders so this guy is willing to (he has Emery still, and other good goalies), so he prob knows I'm really trying for something.

I don't mind giving up Elias, but Bergeron helps my +/- and I feel like that takes a BIG hit in this trade. I want to offer up Thornton or some combo of players, and think trading Smith makes sense... I'm just not sure.

Any insight?

all info in my sig. he's the #2 team in the league, I'm now 6th.
    to me it looks like you are giving up the better goalie and 2 better players....my smith has had a couple off games, but when he is on he is on...and hiller is turining it around too i would sit tight...

although I have no idea how a roto league works lol so my opinion may be way off...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crawford is better simply on account of CHI being better, but yeah, I wouldn't make this trade. Smith is still a good goalie and Emery is stealing some starts.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Stud

As good as the Hawks and Craford has been, at the end of the day I'd prefer to have M. Smith, but what really breaks the deal is that I feel like you are giving up the two better forwards in the trade as well.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Keep what you have. Crawford hasn't been the healthiest guy in the world. And his backup, Emery, has looked almost as good as him when pressed into action, so if there is any funny business with Crawford that leads to any doubt, they'll sit him and run Emery. Smith is the better tender and more safe option.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't think I have enough but repping all of you.

Glad I waited, Smith came through (although I hear he went down for a second) and I don't think it's worth it anymore since Hiller Smith and Quick seem (for now ) to be doing better.

My real concern is me going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY over my roster starting limits. its roto and just continous but I have started more guys than anyone else, so my stats are gonna take a hit at some point. Just caused from starting everyone at first.

ANyway, thanks a ton! Really appreciate the help. THink I'm going ot try and just dangle Elias+Peters out there and if someone with a lot of goalies bites, I'll do it (Elias is great but I can def give him, Perron, or Thornton up at some point)
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.