Thread: Zajac for Atkinson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zajac for Atkinson

20 team Dynasty league, I'm heavy at center (Malkin and Stastny, are my top 2), very thin on RW (Oshie and Versteeg, when not on IR, are my top 2) and I'm not competing this year.

Could perhaps move Zajac for Atkinson and a 4th (around 90th OA)

Zajac's had a rough year, but you have to think with his position and the wingers at his disposal he'll snap out of it. Should I go for this or wait and hope he snaps out of it?
    Last edited by SomeDude; March 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think I'd go for it. Pretty high on Atkinson, and extremely disappointed with Zajac's current production. To me you get help in a position you are weaker in, as well as getting a guy with higher potential in RW Atkinson. The pick doesn't hurt matters either, just provides extra incentive to make the trade.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you really need help at RW, it's not a bad idea. However with that said, I still think Atkinson is still a big boom or bust risk.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies, I added my roster to my signature for a better view. My RW depth is pretty bleak and I only have Connolly as a legit RW prospect.

Dobber Sports Sage

Normally I would think your crazy for asking this but I dont know any more. Zajac sucks from a fantasy perspective at least. I own both and today feet to fire I think I might drop Zajac if I was forced to drop 1
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd make the move to acquire Atkinson. Zajac seems to need Parise to produce and that's obviously not an option anymore and you've got more good Cs than RWs.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input guys, turns out the Zajac deal didn't go anywhere, but he's interested in Josi. He's not someone I want to move, but D is my best depth.

A deal like Josi and Komarov for Atkinson and possibly a 4th again, might be something he'd go for. What do you guys think about that scenario?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
    20 team Dynasty league, I'm heavy at center (Malkin and Stastny, are my top 2), very thin on RW (Oshie and Versteeg, when not on IR, are my top 2) and I'm not competing this year.

Could perhaps move Zajac for Atkinson and a 4th (around 90th OA)

Zajac's had a rough year, but you have to think with his position and the wingers at his disposal he'll snap out of it. Should I go for this or wait and hope he snaps out of it?
    I'd easily take Atkinson over Zajac.

Dobber Sports Expert

According to Portzline out of CBJ...Atkinson is playing at well less than 100% right now too. He only played 13 min today, but managed the GWG.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,