Thread: traded away rask and voracek...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default traded away rask and voracek...

Along with stepan and elias...

Got back Kopitar, Duchene, luongo, varlamov

Without going into roster specifics ( this alleviated a logjam at rw for me)

Which side would u rather have?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Without putting too much thought into it I would rather have the Kopitar side.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

A lot depends on categories/make of the team

But in terms of pure name value and what stats these names typically come with, I'd say that if Voracek continues to play how he is this season, that you probably don't come out on top here.
    Also interested in seeing how Duchene performs with the return of O'Reilly. Small sample size so hard to tell right now (1G in 3 games)

All I know is you definitely gave up the best goalie in the deal...which in most leagues is not the greatest move to make.

Heres the breakdown...

G:A:SOG:FW:Hits Wins:GAA:SvPctg:SO

C - E Staal
    C - J Benn (lw)
    Lw- JvR
    Lw- Semin (rw)
    Rw- Perry
    Rw- Voracek
    D- Boyle
    D- Carlson
    D- Bieksa
    D- Dillon
    Bn- Elias (c,lw)
    Bn- Simmonds (rw)
    Bn-Stepan (c)
    Bn- Zajac (c)
    Ir- Kesler
    Ir- Kulikov

G- Rask
    G- Bryzgolov

Currently sitting n 7th.. top 6 make it

Having 3 rw was awful esp with two on the same team. They were all too good to drop tho. Zajac is my stream slot and stepan was jus starting to do anything worthwhile... so now with two lw slots winnin so many faceoffs i should get a nice boost there and not give up too much in net...

Dobber Sports Stud

Rask > Luu + Varly together
    Voracek, Stepan & Elias for Kopitar, Duchene

Duchene has upside but no one's ever sure whether he'll reach it. I think Duchene for Stepan (a youngster) and Elias (an oldster) is about equivalent, I'd give the win to S&E though. Voracek for Kopitar, Kopitar all day.

So I'd rather have the side you traded away...
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's not a terrible deal, but I think you lost.

Voracek and Elias are on-par with Kopitar and Duchene this season, and of course Rask blows either of Luu or Varly out of the water.

Judging by the subject line and the tone of your post, I know you think of Elias as a throw-in but he's one of the best forwards in this deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rask and Luongo really aren't much different. Rask obviously gets more starts, but they've been about as effective as one another. Luongo's 8 goal game really skews his GAA/SV%. He'd be at like a .935 SV% if not for that shellacking, and their ratios would probably be evewn if he'd been pulled after 3 goals like most goalies would be. I think we'll be seeing a fair bit of Khudobin in the second half, as well. And of course, a lot depends on when/if/where Luongo is traded.

I'd probably have stuck with the Rask/Voracek/Elias side, but it's pretty close to even.

Elias was a throw in... his peripherals suck. I have plenty of scoring... eith duchene having jus as manybpts way more sog. Fw n hit this was a def upgrade... i kno rask is def best goalie n the deal. So i turned stepan into kopi n elias into duchene. Now ill grab khodobin off wire and run with 4 keeps... i think i should have the fire power to do so

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think you moved the wrong philly RW. You may live to regret letting voracek go to keep Simmonds on so many levels.

And sometimes quantity doesn't best quality. Varly continues to be nothing special on a struggling team...and you have the best back uo goaltender in the league. Who knows where he ends up and whether he'll flourish or famine there.

Elias is as consistent as the come. And offensive horse. Kopitar is the best offensive forward on one of the most defensive minded teams.

I'm going to stop there. I'd take what you gave away every day of the week. Just my opinion though. We'd get along great as opposing GM's

Atleast you have stability in net with MR. UNIVERSE the most stable net minder "out there" while you wait and see in the others...
    Last edited by havanablast21; March 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SubbaNsalad View Post
    Elias was a throw in... his peripherals suck. I have plenty of scoring... eith duchene having jus as manybpts way more sog. Fw n hit this was a def upgrade... i kno rask is def best goalie n the deal. So i turned stepan into kopi n elias into duchene. Now ill grab khodobin off wire and run with 4 keeps... i think i should have the fire power to do so
    So your goalies went from Top 5 starter Rask and Melt down man Bryz...
    To
    The Bryzard...Varlimovful and 2 back up goalies....and that's better....how?

Don't know man...I would have stayed stronger in net and moved any combo of your bench.Bn- Elias (c,lw)
    Bn- Simmonds (rw)
    Bn-Stepan (c)
    Bn- Zajac (c)
    Ir- Kesler
    Ir- Kulikov

Nd tried to land some more depth in net. Keeping Elias for JVR support until we know for sure the fallout in lupol's return