Thread: Benn for Ribeiro +

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Benn for Ribeiro +

In league in sig, Benn owner is making a run at it and has enquired about my Ribeiro.

Was thinking of offering him Ribeiro and S. Koivu for Benn.

Is this a no-brainer for me?

I will have a competitive team for years to come and Ribeiro fits well on my team.

Would I be selling high on Ribeiro or getting rid of him right at the moment he's taking his game to the next level?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    In league in sig, Benn owner is making a run at it and has enquired about my Ribeiro.

Was thinking of offering him Ribeiro and S. Koivu for Benn.

Is this a no-brainer for me?

I will have a competitive team for years to come and Ribeiro fits well on my team.

Would I be selling high on Ribeiro or getting rid of him right at the moment he's taking his game to the next level?
    If I had Ribeiro and Koivu and someone offered me Benn I wouldn't even think twice about it especially being that it looks like you're not in contention. (Not that that matters when you're getting Benn back)

If he already inquired about Ribeiro and brought up Benn's name... nothing stops you from adding Koivu to the deal to see what happens.

Dobber Sports Giant

i like the trade for you.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

With points carrying over this deal makes sense for the other guy this year - it also works for you moving forward in my opinion as I think Benn has higher upside, although with your scoring cats it may be fairly close some years.

To be honest, not even sure you need to throw in Koivu but if it makes no difference to you and helps seal the deal then go for it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't have any problems offering those two guys to try and land Benn. See what happens
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post

To be honest, not even sure you need to throw in Koivu but if it makes no difference to you and helps seal the deal then go for it.

He's a non-keeper, so I don't mind and don't see the deal happening without him.

I'm currently in third place and a point ahead of the Benn owner, but I don't think I have what it takes to win with all my injuries. But for the Benn owner, this offer has the added incentive of getting rid of me as a competitor this year.

My concern is not hurting my chances for next year. Ribeiro is on some crazy pace and I would not like to see kim replicate this on someone else's team next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Losing S. Koivu as a throw in means little to nothing. Benn is the superior player in the deal. Great trade for you to improve your keepers.

Dobber Sports Ace

He's a non-keeper, so I don't mind and don't see the deal happening without him.

I'm currently in third place and a point ahead of the Benn owner, but I don't think I have what it takes to win with all my injuries. But for the Benn owner, this offer has the added incentive of getting rid of me as a competitor this year.

My concern is not hurting my chances for next year. Ribeiro is on some crazy pace and I would not like to see kim replicate this on someone else's team next year.
    Keep in mind Ribero is a UFA at the end of the season. There is no guarentee he is back in WSH, though I have to think the brass in WSH has probably taken notice.

Ribero is 33 and Koivu 38. Benn is 23. Even if Ribero maintains this pace through next season and Koivu takes the ice for one last go-around, sure you may lose again, but in 5 seasons when Benn hits his prime and Ribero/Koivu are not even playing in the league, you will have won this thing hands down.

Give me Benn 10 out of 10 times on this one. Seems like a win-win for both sides, he gets a realistic shot at the title this season and your team gets stronger for the next 8+ seasons.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Stud

I would feel safe having Benn over Ribeiro. Ribs is doing great, but that is this year. I think Benn has the talent and the opportunity to excel in Dallas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

You're not selling high on Ribeiro. He's always been a good fantasy contributor. That said, Benn is the much better own here. If you can land Benn for Ribeiro and S. Koivu then you simply have no choice. Especially if you aren't competing this year. No brainer, as far as I'm concerned.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper