Thread: Datsyuk vs Hossa

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Datsyuk vs Hossa

I own Datsyuk in a 16 team keeper league, points only, protect 12, and I'm afraid Datsyuk will depart after next year, best offer to come my Way is Hossa straight up, is it wise to aquire Hossa? What's his value compared to Datsyuk in points only? Thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why are you afraid Datsyuk will depart after next year?

I'd rather have Datsyuk than Hossa but it's close.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hmmm...
    You know, people always think of the Red Wings as one of the most stable franchises. And that their players could NEVER possibly just leave after a contract. But it's worth some thought.
    Datsyuk has won his Stanley Cups, had a good career. He's a humble guy. He doesn't NEED to stay.

And while we always think of Detroit as Team Euro... there really isn't any Russians on the team (that once had Fedorov, Kozlov, Konstantinov, Larionov, Fetisov...).
    These days, they are more of team Sweden.

It's not unfathomable that Datsyuk doesn't re-sign.
    Perhaps he pulls a Barry Sanders and just tells Detroit "Thanks, it was a good career. I'm done."

I think of Datsyuk currently as a 70-75pt player.
    I think of healthy-Hossa as a 70pt player... but that doesn't stick for a year.

Here's the thing, I don't think OTHER people are really hip to the possibility that Datsyuk may leave or retire. So, perhaps offer him to the Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard owner and see if you can get, say, Jordan Eberle in return. Maybe you throw something in with Datsyuk to get Eberle or Seguin or Jamie Benn. I'd prefer you to go after one of those guys than Hossa.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Hmmm...
    You know, people always think of the Red Wings as one of the most stable franchises. And that their players could NEVER possibly just leave after a contract. But it's worth some thought.
    Datsyuk has won his Stanley Cups, had a good career. He's a humble guy. He doesn't NEED to stay.

And while we always think of Detroit as Team Euro... there really isn't any Russians on the team (that once had Fedorov, Kozlov, Konstantinov, Larionov, Fetisov...).
    These days, they are more of team Sweden.

It's not unfathomable that Datsyuk doesn't re-sign.
    Perhaps he pulls a Barry Sanders and just tells Detroit "Thanks, it was a good career. I'm done."

I think of Datsyuk currently as a 70-75pt player.
    I think of healthy-Hossa as a 70pt player... but that doesn't stick for a year.

Here's the thing, I don't think OTHER people are really hip to the possibility that Datsyuk may leave or retire. So, perhaps offer him to the Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard owner and see if you can get, say, Jordan Eberle in return. Maybe you throw something in with Datsyuk to get Eberle or Seguin or Jamie Benn. I'd prefer you to go after one of those guys than Hossa.

I had an offer that included E.Kane, but he wanted Datsyuk +

Dobber Sports Giant

if you think he will leave then take the hossa deal. but shop him around first.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Anyone else? much appreciated