Thread: Studs & Duds - 3/06/2013

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Studs & Duds - 3/06/2013

Don't feel like formatting this one perfectly. Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Studs

1. Kessely Snipes
    Kessel started the season relatively slow (4 assists in seven games), but heated up in February posting 12 points in 15 game. He now has four points in two games to start March after last night's goal and two assists. A very valuable own in leagues that count SOG, he now sits fourth in the league in shots with 88.

2."Not so Fasth guys"
    Jonas Hiller made a statement on Wedneday posting 18 saves for the shutout against the Coyote. A very welcome sight for Hiller owners after he gave up four goals against the Coyotes only two days prior. Hiller has an impressive 7-2-2 record now, but his peripherals are still very poor (.896%, 2.93GAA)

3. Iggy's still got some pop
    If you've been paying attention then you know that Jarome Iginla is coming out of his typical slow start to his season. Iggy posted 12 points in 14 games in February, and has three points in two games to start March off capped off by last night's 1G 1A performance. The guy definitely still has gas left in the tank, and owners that aren't scared of a player over the age of 35 are reaping the benefits.

Duds

1.Sharks gone soft
    Surprised that this team isn't being blasted on here as much as they should be. The entire month of February they scored more than two goals ONCE. So far March hasn't been an improvement at all. The Sharks have scored five goals in three games this month and don't show any signs of improving on their offensive slump. Pick someone last night, and odds are they were minus as only four players posted an even rating.

2. Ottawa on the way down
    The Sens put on a brave face for awhile without their #1C, #1D, and #1G, but the inevitable fall has come. The Sens have lost 4 games in a row now, and Bishop had a rough night on the stat sheet allowing 5 goals on 28 shots.

3. Not the Sharpest tool in the shed
    Patrick Sharp managed to go minus-two in last night's game before leaving due to injury. Not the best parting gift for owners, at least Andrew Shaw scored a goal first. Sounds like he'll be out a couple of weeks minimum.

Quick Hits

Ryan Getzlaf scored a goal and added an assist and now has 27 points in 22 games on the year. His agent must be seeing dollar signs in his sleep right now.

Tyler Bozak finally scored a couple of points after a rough February (7 points in 15 games)

Nazem Kadri continues his run with another goal (10G,14A in 24GP)

Dennis Wideman notched his first point in eight games after starting the season strong (10 points in his first 13 games)

Ryan O'Reilly scored his first point this year for the Avs, luckily on the opposing net.

Administrator

Sharp really deserves his spot in the Band-Aid boys list!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Oh, an Iggy Pop allusion...very nice. [golf clap]

Last edited by Bomm Bastic; March 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm right there with you about the Sharks.

I'm especially bitter because I got destroyed in Week 1 by the manager who owns Marleau and Thornton.

Oh well. He should have sold high.

RETIRED