Thread: Potential Veto?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Potential Veto?

Hey guys, i'm running a 12 team first year limited keeper pool (keep 5 skaters, 1 g) and our trade deadline is tomorrow. A deal got made between one of the better teams and a team that has already decided to throw in the towel for a rebuild and I believe it's skewed enough to consider a veto. Categories are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG and W, GAA, SV%, SO and it is a weekly H2H.

Team A Sends:
    Henrik Zetterberg

Team B Sends:
    Alexander Burrows
    Pascal Dupuis
    Loui Eriksson
    Jonas Hillier

To give you an idea of league depth the players picked up to even out the numbers are Zajac, Kopecky, and Winnik.

Would love to hear any and all advice on the trade and how to potentially deal with it. I'll shoot out some rep to anyone kind enough to help!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. I believe all teams should be allowed to vote on trades. A team can vote VETO but the vote must be made PUBLIC. The reason for this is that if you are going to VETO a trade, you need to explain your viewpoint AND realize that other teams may VETO you in the future simply because of your stance.

2. There should be a 75% or more league VETO vote to overturn. So, with 12-teams, two trading teams excluded, 8/10 of the league would have to VETO to overturn the trade. That's pretty significant and, I think, a fairly lopsided indication that a trade is not good for the league.

For this case,
    No veto. The trade is fine.
    It looks like one team is selling off all of his non-keepers (Burrows, Dupuis, Eriksson, Hiller) for one deemed keeper (Zetterberg). This trade is absolutely OK and indicative of what you'll see in the future of trade deadlines in this league. The ideal keeper number in partial keepers is HALF. If you roster 16 players, it should be a keep 8. Otherwise, you'll see lopsided deals like this that only LOOK unfair. The smaller the partial keeper number is, here 5+1, the more lopsided the trades will look.

I would not veto this.
    The trade is fine.

Dobber Sports All-Star

You got to let this one go. One team is selling high on Zetterberg and in a keep 5 league, he's going to trump over the other package.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Administrator

Not sure what is wrong here. The guy is improving his keepers which is one of the goals of the league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the insight all. No veto coming from me.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ill say this

eriksson is the best long term player in the deal...so

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1. I believe all teams should be allowed to vote on trades. A team can vote VETO but the vote must be made PUBLIC. The reason for this is that if you are going to VETO a trade, you need to explain your viewpoint AND realize that other teams may VETO you in the future simply because of your stance.

2. There should be a 75% or more league VETO vote to overturn. So, with 12-teams, two trading teams excluded, 8/10 of the league would have to VETO to overturn the trade. That's pretty significant and, I think, a fairly lopsided indication that a trade is not good for the league.

For this case,
    No veto. The trade is fine.
    It looks like one team is selling off all of his non-keepers (Burrows, Dupuis, Eriksson, Hiller) for one deemed keeper (Zetterberg). This trade is absolutely OK and indicative of what you'll see in the future of trade deadlines in this league. The ideal keeper number in partial keepers is HALF. If you roster 16 players, it should be a keep 8. Otherwise, you'll see lopsided deals like this that only LOOK unfair. The smaller the partial keeper number is, here 5+1, the more lopsided the trades will look.

I would not veto this.
    The trade is fine.
    Great logic and insight.
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Newbie

I agree with what Pengwin7 said entirely and I think the best way to deal with this (trade caused a huge amount of controversy unfortunately) is too phase in a couple more keepers for next season and explain how hopefully this will mean we won't see trades like this again. My thinking is keep 6 this year and the year after keep 8 (7+1).

Again i'm a rookie commish for a keeper and any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Dobber Sports Genius

We roster 20 players but , you can hold as many as 22 and as few as 18.
    This helps keep your type of trade limited.
    I see know problem with the deal and would prefer to be the guy moving Zetts
    in return for Eriksson and Hiller.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack